Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (24-14) lost 15-6 (BOX SCORE)
Rough night for the pitching staff. Rodgers started and allowed 3 runs over 4.2 innings. Tanielu got the scoring started with an RBI double in the 3rd. In the 4th, they took a 5-0 lead on a Ferguson grand slam. Tucker added a solo HR in the 6th, his 11th of the season. This is where the wheels fell off. Rodgers was relieved by Armenteros who allowed 5 runs in 2 innings. Garza came in next and allowed 6 runs without retiring a batter. The offense was unable to get anything else going as they lost 15-6.
Note: Tucker is hitting .351 with 4 HR, 8 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Yordan Alvarez, 1B: 3-for-5, R, 2 2B
- Taylor Jones, RF: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 2B: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Brady Rodgers, RHP: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Rogelio Armenteros, RHP: 2.0 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 0.0 IP, 3 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Alex De Goti, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (18-19) lost 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Bielak has struggled a bit this year but turned in a solid outing last night allowing 1 run over 5 innings of work. The Hooks picked up their first run on a wild pitch in the third. Goetzman gave the Hooks a lead with a solo HR in the 4th. In the 5th, the Hooks picked up another run on a Wrenn RBI double. Bukauskas relieved Bielak and allowed 2 runs over 4 innings with 6 strikeouts. The game would end up going to extras. The RoughRiders scored 2 in the 10th to take a 5-3 lead. The Hooks got one back on a wild pitch but Goetzman flew out to end the game at 5-4.
Note: Duarte is hitting .381 with 3 HR, 9 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 3-for-4, 3 R, 2B, 3B, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, LF: 3-for-4, 2B, 3B, RBI, BB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-3, 2 BB
- Joshua Rojas, 1B: 1-for-4, BB
- Granden Goetzman, DH: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- J.B. Bukauskas, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Brendan Feldmann, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (17-21) won 10-8 (BOX SCORE)
The offense came out firing scoring 4 runs in the first inning on a Julks RBI single, Manea 2 run single, and a run on a wild pitch. In the 2nd they got one more runs on an Adams sac fly. After the Red Sox scored three in the 3rd, the Woodpeckers came back with three themselves on a Meyers 2 run double and Adams RBI single. They added 2 more in the 4th on a Manea RBI double and Sierra RBI single. Ramirez got the started and last 4 innings allowing 7 runs, 5 earned. DeJuneas and Collado had scoreless outings in relief to close it out.
Note: Adams is hitting .371 with 8 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- Jake Meyers, CF: 2-for-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-4, RBI
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Corey Julks, LF: 3-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Michael Papierski, C: 0-for-2, 2 R, 2 BB
- Scott Manea, DH: 2-for-5, R, 2B, 3 RBI
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 1-for-5, R
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 7 R, 5 ER, 5 BB, 4 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Willy Collado, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (23-11) won 11-2 (BOX SCORE)
The River Bandits started the scoring getting a run in the first inning on an error. They picked up another run in the 3rd on Salazar RBI single. In the 5th they scored 5 runs on a Schreiber sac fly, Wielansky RBI walk, Dennis 2 run single, and another run on an error. Deason got the start and went 5 innings allowing 1 unearned run with 7 strikeouts. Valdez added a 3 run HR in the 7th for a little extra insurance. Garcia relieved Deason and struck out 7 over 4 innings while allowing 1 run and picking up the save.
Note: Valdez is hitting .359 with 11 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Austin Dennis, CF: 4-for-6, R, 2B, 3 RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 3-for-6, 3 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B
- Jonathan Lacroix, RF: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Scott Schreiber, DH: 0-for-3, RBI, BB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 1-for-5, R, RBI
- Marty Costes, LF: 2-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Michael Wielansky, 1B: 1-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
- Cody Deason, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 7 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Bryan Abreu (8.00 ERA) - 6:15 PM CT
FV: Brett Conine (-.-- ERA) - 6:00 PM CT
QC: Brett Daniels (3.18 ERA) - 12:05 PM CT