Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (24-13) won 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
The Express keep on rolling on. Perez started for them last night and turned in one of his better outings of the season allowing 2 runs in 5 innings. Mayfield put the Express on the board early with a solo HR in the first inning. They picked up another run in the 2nd on a Tucker steal of home. After the Dodgers tied it at 2, the Express rallied back to take the lead scoring 2 runs in the 7th on a Stubbs solo HR and Fisher RBI double. Tanielu added a solo HR in the 8th for extra insurance. Emanuel tossed 3 scoreless innings in relief and Blanco picked up the save with a scoreless 9th.
Note: Tucker is hitting .343 with 4 HR, 8 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Alex De Goti, SS: 1-for-5, R, 2B
- Derek Fisher, RF: 1-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-3, R, BB, SB
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 2-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 2-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB, 2 SB
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (WIN)
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (18-18) won 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks jumped out to an early lead scoring a run on a wild pitch in the first and another run on a Sierra RBI double in the 2nd. Bailey started and allowed 2 runs over 4.2 innings. In the bottom of the 6th, the Hooks to the lead on a sac fly from Wrenn and an RBI walk from Dawson. The bullpen was great with Sanabria throwing 2.1 scoreless innings and Scheetz closing out with 2 scoreless innings to get the save.
Note: Duarte is hitting .317 with 3 HR, 9 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 1-for-3, R, 2 BB, SB
- Chas McCormick, LF: 1-for-4, BB
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 0-for-2, RBI, BB, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 0-for-3, 2 BB
- Joshua Rojas, 1B: 1-for-3, R, SB
- Stephen Wrenn, DH: 1-for-3, RBI, SB
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 0-for-2, 2 R, 2 BB
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 1 K (WIN)
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (16-21) lost 13-6 (BOX SCORE)
Donato started for the Woodpeckers and got hit around a bit allowing 7 hits and 4 runs in 5 inning, though he did strikeout 8. Beer had himself a great game though driving in a run in the first with an RBI single. In the 6th, he added a solo HR. Unfortunately the bullpen got rocked in the 7th allowing 9 runs as the Red Sox blew it open. The Woodpeckers did battle back scoring 3 in the 8th on a Julks 2 run double and Arauz RBI groundout. They would get one more in the 9th on an Adams RBI double but it wasn’t enough as they fell 13-6.
Note: Beer is hitting .417 with 5 HR, 13 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Michael Papierski, DH: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 3B, BB
- Seth Beer, LF: 2-for-3, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Jake Adams, 1B: 3-for-5, R, 2 2B, RBI
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Corey Julks, CF: 2-for-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 0-for-4, RBI
- Chad Donato, RHP: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 8 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.1 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Jacob Billingsley, RHP: 0.1 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Leovanny Rodriguez, RHP: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (22-11)
Game 1 - lost 9-4 (BOX SCORE)
Freure started this one for the River Bandits and really struggled allowing 9 runs, 8 earned, over 3.1 innings. Holderbach did put Quad Cities on the board in the 2nd inning with a 2 run HR. They scored two more in the 7th on a Valdez RBI groundout and a Pena RBI single but that is all they would get as they lost 9-4.
Note: Valdez is hitting .359 with 8 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-4, RBI
- David Hensley, 1B: 1-for-3, R
- Alex Holderbach, C: 2-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Ross Adolph, CF: 0-for-1, R, BB, SB
- Trey Dawson, 3B: 0-for-2, R, BB
- R.J. Freure, RHP: 3.1 IP, 7 H, 9 R, 8 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Joey Gonzalez, RHP: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Game 2 - won 7-0 (BOX SCORE)
Dominant performance by Ruppenthal in this one who struck out 8 over 5.1 scoreless innings. The offense showed up too scoring 3 in the 3rd on a Pena 2 run triple and another run scoring on a fielder’s choice. They score 3 more in the 6th on a wild pitch and a 2 run triple from Adolph. In the 7th they got an extra run when Pena tripled and scored on a sac fly. Bermudez closed it striking out 4 over 1.2 innings.
Note: Ruppenthal has a 1.14 ERA with 33 K in 23.2 inning this season.
- Austin Dennis, RF: 2-for-4, R
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2 3B, 2 RBI
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 0-for-3, RBI
- David Hensley, 1B: 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB, SB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 1-for-4, R
- Mary Costes, DH: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Ross Adolph, CF: 1-for-2, 3B, 2 RBI, BB
- Matt Ruppenthal, RHP: 5.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K (WIN)
- Jonathan Bermudez, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Brady Rodgers (2.93 ERA) - 11:35 AM CT
CC: Brandon Bielak (4.68 ERA) - 6:15 PM CT
FV: TBD (-.-- ERA) - 6:00 PM CT
QC: Cody Deason (4.82 ERA) - 6:35 PM CT