Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (3-2) won 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Armenteros made his first start of the season and pitched well allowing just 1 run over 5.1 innings while striking out 5. Tucker put the Express on the board in the 4th inning with a 2 run HR, his first of the season. In the 5th inning the Express got a 2 run HR from Straw and a solo HR from Mayfield to take a 5-0 lead. Garza relieved Armenteros and allowed 3 runs in relief, but McCurry was able to come in and close the door for the save.
Note: Mayfield is 5-for-12 with 2 2B, 2 HR in 4 games this season.
- Myles Straw, SS: 2-for-4, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Jack Mayfield, 3B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI, BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 1-for-4
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-4, 2B
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Rogelio Armenteros, RHP: 5.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 2.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (3-2) lost 11-2 (BOX SCORE)
Rough first start for Bukauskas. He went 2.2 innings and allowed 9 runs, 8 earned while throwing 70 pitches. The Hooks were never able to recover from the early deficit. Robinson provided the only offense for the Hooks with a 2 run HR in the 7th. Bielak made his season debut and allowed 1 run over 4 innings.
Note:Wrenn has a hit in all four games he has started this season.
- Ronnie Dawson, DH: 1-for-3, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 1-for-4
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Carmen Benedetti, LF: 1-for-3, BB
- J.B. Bukauskas, RHP: 2.2 IP, 8 H, 9 R, 8 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 1.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (2-3) won 8-5 (BOX SCORE)
Solomon made his season debut and while he allowed 2 runs in 4.2 innings, he managed to walk just 1 while striking out 11. The offense started slow but got on the board in the 5th on a Shaver solo HR. In the 6th, Beer tied the game up with an RBI single. The Keys took a lead in the 7th but the Woodpeckers tied it in the 8th on a Meyers RBI groundout. The game would go to extra innings with both teams scoring one in the 10th. In the 12th, the Woodpeckers were able to break through with 4 runs on a Meyers bases loaded walk, Julks 2 run single, and Beer RBI single. Martin allowed a run in the bottom of the inning but was able to hold on for the win.,
Note: Beer has 5 RBI in 4 games this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Corey Julks, RF: 1-for-6, 2 RBI
- Seth Beer, 1B: 2-for-6, 2 RBI
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Chandler Taylor, LF: 0-for-2, 2 R, 3 BB
- Miguelangel Sierra, 2B: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Peter Solomon, RHP: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 11 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Leovanny Rodriguez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Hunter Martin, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (WIN)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (2-3) won 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
Garcia started for the River Bandits and while he struck out 7, he also allowed 3 runs in his 4 innings of work. QC got on the board in the 2nd inning with one run scoring on an error and another scoring on a Valdez RBI double. Lacroix tied the game ups at 3 in the 6th inning. In the 7th, Valdez connected on a 2 run HR to give QC a 5-3 lead. Moclair relieved Garcia and was pitching well but allowed Clinton to tie it on a 2 run HR. The game went to extra innings and Pena drew a bases loaded walk in the 10th to take a 6-5 lead. Collado picked up the win going 2.2 scoreless innings.
Note:Valdez is hitting .333 (5-for-15) with 4 RBI in 4 games this season.
- Ross Adolph, CF: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-5, R, RBI, BB
- Enmanuel Valdez, 3B: 2-for-6, R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Cesar Salazar, C: 2-for-5, 2B, R
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 2-for-3, 2 BB
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 1-for-5, R, RBI
- Andy Pineda, DH: 2-for-5, SB
- Trey Dawson, 2B: 1-for-3, R, BB, 2 SB
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
- Mark Moclair, RHP: 3.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
- Willy Collado, RHP: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Forrest Whitley(-.-- ERA)
CC: Gabriel Valdez(-.-- ERA)
FV: TBD (-.-- ERA)
QC: Austin Hansen(-.-- ERA)