The first day of minor league baseball in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (0-0) POSTPONED
Game postponed due to rain. They will makeup the game in a double header on April 6th.
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (1-0) won 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks got off to a good start last night. Hernandez started and tossed 5 no hit innings with 7 strikeouts. The offense scored all five runs in one inning, the 5th. In that inning they got an RBI single from Sierra, 2 run HR from Duarte, and a 2 run single from Goetzman. Valdez allowed 2 runs over 3 relief innings and McKee closed it out with a scoreless 9th to seal the win.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 0-for-3, R
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 1-for-3, R, BB, SB
- Granden Goetzman, DH: 1-for-3, 2 RBI, BB
- Chas McCormick, LF: 1-for-4, R, 3B
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 1-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Jose Hernandez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (1-0) won 15-0 (BOX SCORE)
Great first game for the Woodpeckers. Javier started but inly lasted two innings, though he didn’t give up a run. Sanabria relieved him with two scoreless of his own. Fayetteville got on the board in the 3rd inning scoring 4 runs on a Julks RBI single, Beer RBI walk, and Adams 2 run single. In the 4th they blew it open scoring 8 runs on a balk, Meyers 2 run single, Beer HBP, and Adams grand slam. They tacked on two more in the 7th and another in the 8th to give them 15 runs. Mushinski tossed 4 scoreless in relief and DeJuneas closed it out with a scoreless 9th.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 2-for-5, 3 R, 2 RBI, BB
- Corey Julks, LF: 2-for-5, 2 R, RBI, BB
- Seth Beer, DH: 0-for-4, R, 2 RBI, BB
- Jake Adams, 1B: 4-for-6, 2 R, HR, 7 RBI
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 1-for-5, R
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 3-for-6, R, 3B, RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 2-for-5, R, 2B, BB
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, 3 BB
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 1-for-4, 2 R, 2 BB
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Parker Mushinski, LHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (1-0) won 9-2 (BOX SCORE)
Nivaldo Rodriguez started for Quad Cities and was fantastic going 5 innings while allowing just one hit, one walk, and 8 strikeouts. Quad Cities got on the board with one in the second and Adolph added two more on a 2 run HR in the third. In the 6th inning they added 4 more runs on a Dawson 2 run single, Adolph RBI walk, and another run scoring on a wild pitch. For good measure, Adolph drove in two more runs in the 7th. Dubin closed out the game allowing 2 runs in 2 innings. The game was finished early due to rain.
- Ross Adolph, CF: 2-for-4, R, HR, 4 RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 2-for-3
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 2-for-4, 2 R, RBI
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 2-for-4, R
- Andy Pineda, RF: 1-for-4, SB
- Trey Dawson, 3B: 1-for-4, 2 R, 2 RBI