Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (13-10) lost 2-0 (BOX SCORE)
Rough day for the pitchers. Sneed started and allowed 5 runs over 5 innings of work. Ferguson put the Express on the board in the 2nd inning with a solo HR. Tanielu added a second run in the 5th on a solo HR of his own. Whitley relieved Sneed and allowed 4 runs in 3 innings, though he did have 5 strikeouts. The offense was unable to get anything else going as they managed jus two hits in the game.
Note:Despite his ERA, Whitley has 18 K in 14 innings this season.
- Drew Ferguson, RF: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Forrest Whitley, RHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (12-12) lost 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
Adcock got the start and pitched a little better in this one allowing 3 runs in 5.1 innings while striking out 5. The offense struggled to push any runs across the board. They had 5 hits and 4 walks but still were shutout. Sanabria and McKee both pitched in relief for the Hooks with McKee allowing 2 runs, 1 earned.
Note:Sanabria has a 1.10 ERA in 8 relief outings this season.
- Joshua Rojas, 2B: 1-for-3, SB
- Lorenzo Quintana, 1B: 2-for-4, 2B
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-2, BB
- Brett Adcock, LHP: 5.1 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (13-11) lost 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
France started the game and pitched well striking out 6 over 4.1 scoreless innings. The Woodpeckers scored first on a Shaver RBI single in the first inning. Martin relieved France and allowed 2 runs over 2.1 innings. The Woodpeckers tied it at 2 in the 8th on a De La Cruz RBI double. Unfortunately, Rodriguez allowed 2 runs in the 8th and the Woodpeckers were unable to come back in the 9th.
Note: De La Cruz is hitting .346 with 13 XBH in 19 games this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Corey Julks, CF: 1-for-4, R
- Colton Shaver, C: 1-for-3, RBI, BB
- Alfredo Angarita, SS: 1-for-3, R, 2B
- J.P. France, RHP: 4.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 6 K
- Hunter Martin, RHP: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Leovanny Rodriguez, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (12-10)
Game 1 - won 6-1 (BOX SCORE)
Garcia started for the River Bandits and was very good allowing just 1 run over 5 innings with 7 strikeouts. The River Bandits got their first run off an error in the 4th. In the 5th inning, Quad Cities picked up 5 runs on an Adolph RBI double, Costes RBI single, Pena 2 run single, and Schreiber RBI single. Torres closed it out with 2 scoreless innings.
Note:Garcia has 6 BB/26 K in 18 innings this season.
- Marty Costes, DH: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2 RBI
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-2, RBI, BB
- Austin Dennis, 2B: 1-for-3, R
- Ross Adolph, CF: 1-for-2, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Andy Pineda, RF: 1-for-3, R, SB
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Jojanse Torres, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
Game 2 - lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Daniels got the start and allowed 3 runs over 4 innings. The River Bandits lone run in this one came off of a wild pitch. Tejada made his season debut and tossed 3 scoreless innings in relief.
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-3, BB, SB
- Jonathan Lacroix, DH: 0-for-2, BB, SB
- Austin Dennis, LF: 2-for-3, R
- Brett Daniels, RHP: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Felipe Tejada, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Akeem Bostick(8.03 ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
CC: Brandon Bailey(3.00 ERA) - 6:15 PM CT
FV: TBD - 6:00 PM CT