Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (11-8) lost 11-8 (BOX SCORE)
Hartman started for the Express and pitched really well allowing just 2 hits over 5 scoreless innings while striking out 7. Round Rock scored one in the 2nd and then three in the 3rd on a Jones sac fly and Tanielu 2 run single. In the 6th they got 3 more on a Mayfield 3 run HR to take a 6-0 lead. Unfortunately the bullpen struggled allowing 3 in the 7th and 4 in the 8th as the Baby Cakes tied it. New Orleans scored one in the 9th but the Express tied it up on a Tucker solo HR. Emanuel, who was still in the game, allowed 3 runs in the 10th inning. The Express went down without a fight in the 10th.
Note:Jones is hitting .361 with 5 HR, 12 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, SS: 1-for-5, BB
- Derek Fisher, CF: 1-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 BB
- Jack Mayfield, 3B: 1-for-5, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Nick Tanielu, 2B: 2-for-5, 2B, 2 RBI
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 2-for-5, R, 2B, RBI
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 K
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 2.2 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (10-10) won 7-6 (BOX SCORE)
Nice win for the Hooks last night. Dawson lead off the game with a solo HR to give the Hooks an early lead. They also got an RBI double from Toro and another run scoring on a DP to take a 3-0 lead in the first. In the 2nd inning, Dawson connected on a 2 run HR, his 2nd of the game. Bailey got the start and struck out 7 over 4 innings, but also allowed 4 runs. The Naturals took the lead in the 5th with 2 runs but Rojas got the lead right back on a 2 run HR in the bottom of the inning. Sanabria closed it out tossing 3 scoreless innings.
Note:Dawson is hitting .310 with 4 HR over his last 10 games.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 2-for-4, R
- Abraham Toro, 1B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Granden Goetzman, DH: 0-for-1, R, 3 BB
- Josh Rojas, 3B: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, SB
- Anibal Sierra, 2B: 2-for-2, R, BB
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Brendan Feldmann, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K (SAVE)
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (12-8) won 7-4 (BOX SCORE)
The Woodpeckers scored early and often last night. The scoring started in the first on a Shaver RBI single. In the 2nd, they got an Arauz RBI double to make it 2-0. Meyers added a sac fly in the 3rd before they score 3 more in the 4th on a Beer RBI double, Adams RBI double, and Shaver RBI single. Ramirez started and last just 3.2 innings, though he didn’t allow a run. Dubin made his High-A debut allowing 4 runs in 3 innings. De La Cruz added an RBI double for insurance in the 8th. Bravo was able to close it it out with two scoreless innings.
Note:Beer is hitting .410 with 3 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-5, R
- Seth Beer, LF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Jake Adams, 1B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 2-for-4, R, 2 RBI
- Corey Julks, DH: 1-for-3, 2B, BB
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-3, R, 2B, RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 3.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Leovanny Rodriguez, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Shawn Dubin, RHP: 3.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (WIN)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (10-8) won 4-1 (BOX SCORE)
Rodriguez started for the River Bandits last night and pitched well allowing 1 unearned run over 5 innings of work. Pena got the scoring started with a solo HR in the first inning, his first HR of the season. Salazar added a sac fly in the 3rd and Dawson added a solo HR in the 5th. They got another insurance run in the 8th on another Salazar sac fly. Cabral closed it out tossing 4 scoreless innings for the save.
Note:Rodriguez was 2 BB/24 K in 20 innings this season.
- Marty Costes, RF: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Enmanuel Valdez, DH: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Cesar Salazar, C: 0-for-2, 2 RBI
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Trey Dawson, 2B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Riley Cabral, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Francis Martes (-.-- ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
CC: J.B. Bukauskas (19.13 ERA) - 6:15 PM CT
FV: Enoli Paredes (1.80 ERA) - 6:00 PM CT
QC: Brett Conine (3.60 ERA) - 1:00 PM CT