Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (11-7) OFF
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (9-10) 12-3 (BOX SCORE)
Another great start for Ivey. He went 5 innings allowing 3 hits, 1 run and struck out 7. The Hooks got on the board in the 3rd inning scoring 4 runs on a Wrenn RBI single, Wrenn steal of home, Goetzman RBI single, and McCormick RBI double. Toro added a couple extra runs on a solo HR in the 5th and a sac fly in the 6th. Daniels relieved Ivey and allowed 2 runs in the 6th. The Hooks put the game out of reach in the 8th scoring 6 runs on a Duarte solo HR, Toro single in which two scored on error, Goetzman RBI single, Matijevic 2 run HR, and Robinson RBI double. Blanco closed it out with 3 scoreless innings.
Note:Ivey has 4 BB/23 K in 16 innings this season (1.13 ERA).
- Ronnie Dawson, DH: 1-for-4, R, 2B, SB
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 1-for-3, R, RBI, 2 BB, 2 SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 3-for-4, 3 R, HR, 2 RBI, SB
- Granden Goetzman, RF: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2 RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 1-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Chas McCormick, LF: 1-for-2, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
- Josh Rojas, 2B: 1-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, SS: 4-for-4, 3 R, 2B, HR, RBI, 2 SB
- Tyler Ivey, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Brett Daniels, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (11-8) won 8-1 (BOX SCORE)
The Woodpeckers wasted no time jumping out to a huge lead in this one as they scored 7 runs in the first inning. In that inning they got an Adams RBI HBP, Julks RBI groundout, Meyers 2 run double, and Sierra 3 run HR. Donato started and pitched really well tossing 5 scoreless innings with 0 BB/8 K. Beer added an RBI single in the 4th for the 8th run of the game. France allowed 1 run over 3.2 innings and DeJuneas was able to come on and get the last out to seal the win.
Note:Beer is hitting .385 with 3 HR, 9 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Bryan De La Cruz, LF: 2-for-5, R, 2B
- Michael Papierski, C: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B
- Seth Beer, 1B: 2-for-4, R, RBI
- Corey Julks, RF: 3-for-4, R, RBI, 2 SB
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, 3B: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 1-for-3, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Chad Donato, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8 K (WIN)
- J.P. France, RHP: 3.2 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (9-8) won 8-0 (BOX SCORE)
Another blowout win last night in the Astros system. Hansen has been hot and cold this season and he was hot last night tossing 5 no-hit innings with 5 strikeouts. Hensley put the River Bandits on the board with an RBI single in the 2nd inning. In the 4th, Quad Cities picked up 2 more runs on back to back homers from Lacroix and Hensley. Dawson added an RBI double in the 6th to make it 4-0. The River Bandits picked up 4 more insurance runs in the 9th on RBI singles from Pena, Schreiber, and Hensley and a Lacroix sac fly. Freure relieved Hansen and tossed 4 scoreless innings for the save.
Note:Lacroix is hitting .302 in 15 games this season.
- Austin Dennis, RF: 1-for-5, R, SB
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Jeremy Pena, DH: 1-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-4, 2 R, RBI, SB
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 1-for-2, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- David Hensley, 3B: 4-for-5, R, 2 RBI
- Ross Adolph, CF: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Trey Dawson, SS: 2-for-4, 2 2B, RBI
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 5.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- R.J. Freure, RHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Ryan Hartman (5.25 ERA) - 7:05 PM CT
CC: Brandon Bailey (1.80 ERA) - 6:15 PM CT
FV: Yohan Ramirez (2.92 ERA) - 6:00 PM CT
QC: TBD - 6:35 PM CT