Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (9-5)
Game 1 - won 11-6 (BOX SCORE)
Nice offensive explosion late for the Express. Perez started and allowed 4 runs over 4 innings. The Express first got on the board in the 5th with back to back HR from Jones and Ferguson. The entered the 7th (last inning of doubleheader) down 6-2, but that’s when the bats broke out. They picked up 9 runs thanks to a Tanielu 2 run double, Jones RBI double, Straw sac fly, Mayfield 2 run double, Alvarez 2 run HR, and Tucker solo HR. A huge inning to win the first game of the doubleheader.
Note:Alvarez has 8 HR, 21 RBI in 15 games this season.
- Myles Straw, SS: 0-for-3, RBI
- Derek Fisher, CF: 2-for-4, R, SB
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Yordan Alvarez, DH: 1-for-3, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Drew Ferguson, RF: 2-for-2, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (WIN)
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Game 2 - lost 3-0 (BOX SCORE)
Unfortunately the 9 run 7th didn’t carry over to game 2. The Express managed just 3 hits in game 2 and failed to score a run. Armenteros started and last just 1.2 innings allowing 1 run. He was relieved by McCurry who allowed 2 runs in 3 innings. Deetz tossed 1.1 scoreless innings in relief.
Note: Deetz has 10 BB in 5.2 innings this season.
- Rogelio Armenteros, RHP: 1.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Dean Deetz, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (8-9) lost 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Rough pitching last night for Corpus. Valdez started but only lasted 1.2 innings allowing 3 runs. Dawson put the Hooks on the board with an RBI single in the 2nd. McKee relieved Valdez and tossed 2.1 scoreless innings. He was relieved by Hernandez who allowed 3 runs in 4 innings of work. The Hooks tried to rally getting two in the 7th on a Toro RBI groundout and another run scoring on a wild pitch but that was all they would get as they dropped this one 6-3.
Note:Matijevic is hitting .400 over his last 9 games.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 1-for-5, RBI
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 1-for-5
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 0-for-4, RBI, BB
- Chas McCormick, RF: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 3-for-4, R, 2 2B
- Carmen Benedetti, LF: 1-for-3, BB
- Carlos Canelon, C: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Jose Hernandez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (10-7)
Game 1 - won 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Javier continued his strong start to the season allowing just 1 earned run (2 total) over 4.2 innings. The Woodpeckers got on the board in the 2nd inning on a Meyers RBI single and Manea RBI double. The Mudcats tied it up in the 4th but Adams gave Fayatteville the lead in the 6th with an RBI single. Bravo closed out the game with 2.1 scoreless innings.
Note:Javier has a 1.15 ERA with 18 K in 15.2 innings this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, LF: 1-for-3, R
- Corey Julks, RF: 1-for-3
- Jake Adams, DH: 2-for-3, R, RBI
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-2, R, RBI
- Scott Manea, C: 1-for-2, RBI
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 4.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
Game 2 - won 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Abreu started for the Woodpeckers and pitched really well. He struck out 8 over 5 innings and while he allowed 3 runs, it came on one swing of the bat. The Woodpeckers jumped out to an early lead scoring 4 in the first on a Manea walk, Shaver 2 run double, and Papierski RBI single. In the 6th, Beer added a 2 run HR, his 3rd of the season. DeJuneas and Sanabria closed it out with a scoreless inning each.
Note:Beer is hitting .339 with 4 2B, 3 HR, 17 RBI in 15 games this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-3, R
- Corey Julks, RF: 1-for-3, 2 R
- Seth Beer, LF: 3-for-3, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Scott Manea, DH: 0-for-2, R, RBI, BB
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 1-for-3, 2 RBI
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-3, RBI
- Bryan Abreu, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 8 K (WIN)
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (8-7) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Nice comeback win after a couple rough games. Garcia got the start and pitched well allowing 1 run over 5 innings. He was relieved by Ruppenthal who allowed 2 runs in 4 innings. The River Bandits entered the bottom of the 6th down 3-0 and that is when the rally started. They scored one in the 6th on a Pena RBI single, one in the 7th on a Lacroix RBI double, and one in the 8th on a Pena RBI double. In the 9th, the River Bandits won on a walk-off RBI single from Pineda.
Note:Lacroix is hitting .306 in 13 games this season.
- Ross Adolph, CF: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-3, BB
- Marty Costes, LF: 0-for-3, R, BB, 2 SB
- Jonathan Lacroix, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2 2B, RBI
- Andy Pineda, RF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Matt Ruppenthal, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Forrest Whitley(9.95 ERA)