Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (8-5) won 11-2 (BOX SCORE)
Rodgers started for the Express and pitched well allowing just 2 runs over 7 innings of work. The Express got on the board in the first inning on a grand slam from Alvarez, his 7th HR of the season. De Goti connected on a solo HR in the 4th, his 3rd of the year. They picked up 2 more runs in the 6th with one scoring on a wild pitch and another on a double play. They decided to add some more insurance scoring 3 more in the 9th on a Straw RBI double, Fisher RBI single and Jones sac fly. Duncan closed it out with 2 scoreless innings.
Note:Straw is hitting .372 with 7 RBI, 5 SB over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, SS: 3-for-6, 3 R, 2B, RBI
- Derek Fisher, CF: 2-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Taylor Jones, LF: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Yordan Alvarez, DH: 1-for-5, R, HR, 5 RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 1-for-3, 2 BB
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- Alex De Goti, 2B: 4-for-5, 3 R, HR, RBI
- Brady Rodgers, RHP: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (6-7) won 8-6 (BOX SCORE)
LaRue continued his solid start to the season tossing 4 scoreless innings in this one. The Hooks got on the board early when a run scored on an error and a Matijevic 2 run double. In the 2nd, Wrenn added an RBI single. The Hooks continued to put on runs scored 3 more in the 3rd on a Quintana 2 run double and a run scoring on an error. Goetzman added a little extra insurance with a pinch-hit solo HR in the 8th. Adcock struggled in relief allowing 5 runs but McKee and Scheetz were able to close the door for the win.
Note:Matijevic is hitting .474 over his last five games.
- Ronnie Dawson, RF: 1-for-4, R, SB
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 1-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Joshua Rojas, 2B: 0-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Chas McCormick, LF: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 1-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Granden Goetzman, PH: 1-for-1, R, HR, RBI
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Brett Adcock, LHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K (SAVE)
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (8-5) lost 7-6 (BOX SCORE)
The Woodpeckers jumped out to a 3-0 lead getting two in the 2nd on a 2 run single from Sierra and another run in the third on an Adams RBI single. Donato got the start but struggled allowing 6 runs in 3.2 innings. He was relieved by Gonzalez who allowed 1 run in 3 innings. The Woodpeckers would mount a rally in the 9th picking up 3 runs on a Beer 2 run double and Adams RBI single. Unfortunately, Shaver struck out with two guys on to end the game.
Note: Beer is hitting .327 with 14 RBI in 12 games this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-5, R, 2B, 3B
- Corey Julks, CF: 2-for-5, 2 R
- Seth Beer, LF: 3-for-5, R, 3 2B, 2 RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 3-for-4, R, 2 RBI, BB
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
Chad Donato, RHP: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Joey Gonzalez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (7-5) lost 11-2 (BOX SCORE)
Rough game for the River Bandits. Hansen made his second start and allowed 4 runs over 3 innings. Quad Cities did pick up 2 runs on on a Salazar RBI single and another run scoring on an error. The bullpen struggled though with Castellanos allowing 2 runs and Conn allowing
Note: Valdez is hitting .317 with .417 OBP in 11 games this season.
- Enmanuel Valdez, 3B: 2-for-2, R, 2B, 2 BB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 1-for-3, RBI
- Ross Adolph, CF: 0-for-3, R
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 3.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
- Humberto Castellanos, RHP: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 2.0 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Akeem Bostick(3.86 ERA)
CC: Brandon Bailey(3.00 ERA)
FV: Yohan Ramirez(2.25 ERA)
QC: Nivaldo Rodriguez(1.80 ERA)