AAA: Round Rock Express (5-3) won 8-6 (BOX SCORE)
Another comeback win for the Express. Hartman started and was roughed up a bit allowing 6 runs in 3 innings. Fisher got the scoring started for the Express with an RBI single in the first. In the 3rd inning, they put up 3 runs on a Straw RBI double, Fisher RBI groundout, and Mayfield RBI double. They entered the 8th inning down 6-4 but rallied for four runs on a Mayfield RBI single, Tucker RBI double, and Jones 2 run single. Bostick pitched the final 4 innings without allowing a run while picking up the win.
Note: Mayfield is hitting .417 with .833 SLG in 7 games this season.
- Myles Straw, SS: 2-for-3, 3 R, 2B, 3B, RBI, 2 SB
- Derek Fisher, CF: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
- Jack Mayfield, 3B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 1-for-2, R, 2B, BB
- Alex De Goti, 2B: 1-for-3, R
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 3.0 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Tanner Duncan, LHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (WIN)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (3-5) lost 10-8 (BOX SCORE)
Another night, another 10+ runs allowed for the staff. Adcock allowed 6 of those runs in 2.2 innings. He was relieved by Bravo who allowed 2 runs of his own. The Hooks finally got on the board in the 5th when a run scored on an error and another scored on a McCormick RBI single. In the 6th, Robinson connected on a solo HR, his 2nd of the season. The Hooks would try to battle back getting 2 in the 8th on a Quintana 2 run single and 3 in the 9th on a Wrenn 2 run triple and Rojas RBI single. Unfortunately the comeback fell short as they lost this one 10-8.
Note: Wrenn is hitting .346 in 8 games this season.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Chas McCormick, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 3-for-4, R, 3B, 2 RBI, BB
- Joshua Rojas, 3B: 1-for-5, RBI
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Carmen Benedetti, LF: 1-for-4, 2 R, BB
- Lorenzo Quintana, 1B: 2-for-5, R, RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 2-for-5, RBI
- Brett Adcock, LHP: 2.2 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 3.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (5-3) won 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Ramirez started for the Woodpeckers last night and pitched really well tossing 5 scoreless innings with 6 strikeouts. Adams put the Woodpeckers on the board early with a 2 run HR in the first inning. Donato relieved Ramirez and went 4 innings allowing 2 runs. In the top of the 9th, Shaver came through with an RBI double to take a 3-2 lead. Donato was able to hold on for the win.
Note: Adams has 10 RBI in 6 games this season.
- Seth Beer, LF: 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Jake Adams, 1B: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 2-for-4, 2 2B, RBI
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Chad Donato, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K (WIN)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (4-3) POSTPONED
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: Corbin Martin (4.15 ERA)
CC: TBD (-.-- ERA)
FV: J.P. France (9.00 ERA)
QC: Cody Deason (16.20 ERA)