Another day of minor league action in the books. See the results below.
AAA: Round Rock Express (3-3) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Whitley made his AAA and season debut last night and was solid. He went 5 innings and allowed 2 runs while striking out 7. The two runs came on two solo HRs. Fisher got the Express on the board with a solo HR in the 5th but that was the only offense they would get. Sneed pitched the final 4 innings and allowed 1 run.
Note:Fisher has 5 XBH and 1.316 OPS in 5 games this season.
- Derek Fisher, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, HR, RBI
- Jack Mayfield, SS: 1-for-3, 2B, BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 0-for-1, 3 BB
- Nick Tanielu, 2B: 1-for-2, 2B, 2 BBA
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-3, BB
- Forrest Whitley, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (3-3) lost 12-4 (BOX SCORE)
Not a good night for the Hooks pitching staff. Hernandez started and was roughed up allowing 8 runs, 5 earned over 4 innings of work. Dawson got their scoring started with a leadoff HR in the first inning. They got two more in the second on a Sierra RBI single and Dawson RBI double. Valdez relieved Hernandez and allowed 4 runs in 4 innings. Dawson added another RBI double in the 9th but the Hooks dropped this one 12-4.
Note:Dawson collected 3 XBHs last night, the first XBHs for him this season.
- Ronnie Dawson, DH: 3-for-5, R, 2 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-3, BB
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-4, 2 R, RBI
- Jose Hernandez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 8 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
A+: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (3-3) won 7-2 (BOX SCORE)
Solid start for Abreu as he struck out 7 over 5 innings while allowing 2 earned runs. Both runs came in the 5th inning. Taylor put the Woodpeckers on the board in the 2nd with an RBI single and Beer added a sac fly in the 3rd. The game was tied 2-2 going into the 9th but the Woodpeckers blew it open scoring 5 runs on a Taylor solo HR, De La Cruz RBI single, Beer 2 run single, and Shaver RBI groundout. Javier closed it out striking out 7 over 4 scoreless innings.
Note: Beer is hitting .333 with 8 RBI in 5 games this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 1-for-5, 2 R, RBI
- Scott Manea, DH: 3-for-5, R
- Seth Beer, LF: 3-for-4, 3 RBI
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 1-for-4, RBI, BB
- Chandler Taylor, CF: 2-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 0-for-1, R, 3 BB
- Bryan Abreu, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (WIN)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (3-3) won 2-0 (BOX SCORE)
An absolute filthy, dominant performance by the Quad Cities pitchers. Hansen started and struck out 11 over 5 innings of work. He was relieved by Dubin who struck out 9 over his 4 scoreless innings. They combined to walk zero and strikeout 20 during the shutout. Pineda put the River Bandits on the board with a sac fly in the 2nd and Pena added an RBI double in the 3rd. That was all the scoring, but that was all the pitchers needed.
Note:Hansen has 56 K in 35.2 career MiLB innings.
- Ross Adolph, RF: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-4, R
- Marty Costes, CF: 2-for-4
- Andy Pineda, LF: 0-for-3, RBI
- Trey Dawson, 2B: 2-for-4
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 11 K (WIN)
- Shawn Dubin, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
RR: TBD (-.-- ERA)
CC: Carson LaRue (3.60 ERA)
FV: Parker Mushinski (0.00 ERA)
QC: Nivaldo Rodriguez (0.00 ERA)