The injuries just keep piling on - tonight, the Astros will be without Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, and George Springer, with the most recent Astros star making the pilgrammage to the DL being Lance McCullers, who is reportedly out until September with a right forearm strain.
Lance McCullers, Jr. has a muscle strain in his right forearm and is not expected to pitch until September. Fairly good news considering he was placed on the 10-day DL with right elbow discomfort.— Julia Morales (@JuliaMorales) August 7, 2018
The good news is all these injuries seem more like temporary setbacks than season-derailing catastrophes, and Houston will continue to predictably play it safe. There will be no rush to bring any of these guys back.
San Francisco Giants (57-56) vs. Houston Astros (71-42), August 6, 2018, 9:15 PM CDT
- TV: AT&T SportsNet-SW, MLB Network (out-of-market only)
- Radio: KBME 790, La Ranchera 850 AM
- Online: MLB.TV
RHP Charlie F. Morton (2.90 ERA / 3.14 xFIP, 11.51 K/9, 3.62 BB/9) vs. RHP Walker Buehler (5-1, 2.59 ERA / 4.17 xFIP, 7.36 K/9, 2.45 BB/9)
- Opening Line: Astros -145 (59.18% implied win prob.)
- Our Model: Astros 63.94% (4.76% edge) - one of the biggest edges we’ve had on the Astros this season, mainly because the model loves CFM, is unimpressed with Dereck Rodriguez, and most people probably don’t realize that even without Altuve/Correa/Springer the Astros offense is still firmly above average.
- Fangraphs: Astros 58.0%
- FiveThirtyEight: Astros 56.0%