AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (78-56) lost 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Dykxhoorn got the start and started well but ran into trouble in the 6th inning allowing 5 runs. Perez relieved him and also surrended a run in the 6th as Fresno found themselves down 6-0. They tried to rally in the 8th scoring 3 runs on a Mayfield bases loaded walk and Tanielu 2 run double. That is all they would get as they dropped this one 6-3. They did set the modern-era PCL record for team strikeouts though.
Note: Deetz has a 0.58 ERA with 49 K in 31 innings for Fresno.
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 2-for-5, R, 2B
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 2-for-4, R, BB
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 0-for-2, RBI, 3 BB
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 1-for-3, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Yordan Alvarez, DH: 1-for-3, BB
- Alex De Goti, SS: 1-for-4, R
- Brock Dykxhoorn, RHP: 5.1 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Dean Deetz, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (79-54) lost 6-0 (BOX SCORE)
Another rough night for the Hooks’ offense. They managed just four hits (one double) while being shutout for the second time in the last three nights. Bielak started and went 5 innings allowing 3 runs.
Note: Scheetz has a 2.37 ERA with 85 K in 64.2 innings this season.
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-4, 2B
- Randy Cesar, 1B: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 0-for-3, R, BB, SB
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (76-56) won 12-3 (BOX SCORE)
Saldana started and allowed 3 runs, all in the first inning, over 5 innings of work. The offense got on the board in the 5th on an Arauz solo HR. They picked up another in the 7th on a Julks sac fly to cut the lead. Buies Creek took the lead in the 8th scoring 2 runs on De La Cruz RBI single and Adams sac fly. DeJuneas relieved Saldana and tossed 2 scoreless innings in relief. Buies Creek turned the game into a blowout in the 9th scoring 8 runs on a De La Cruz RBI single, 2 runs scoring on an error, Canelon RBI double, Arauz RBI single, and Matijevic 3 run HR. McKee closed it out with 2 scoreless innings.
Note: Matijevic is hitting .317 with 3 HR, 11 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Corey Julks, LF: 2-for-4, R, 2 2B, RBI, BB
- J.J. Matijevic, DH: 2-for-6, R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, 3B: 1-for-5, 2 R, BB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-5, 2 R, RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-3, 2 BB
- Cody Bohanek, 2B: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Carlos Canelon, C: 1-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Abdiel Saldana, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Tommy DeJuneas, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Colin McKee, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (76-59) lost 8-3 (BOX SCORE)
Rodriguez started and allowed 5 runs, 4 earned over 4 innings of work. Quad Cities tried to rally scoring 2 in the 3rd on a Salazar 2 run HR and 1 in the 5th on a McKenna RBI single. Unfortunately Rosado came in and allowed 3 more runs as they ended up losing 8-3.
Note: McKenna is hitting .306 with .888 OPS this season.
- David Hensley, 2B: 2-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Alex McKenna, CF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 1-for-4, 2B
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 1-for-4, 2B
- Cesar Salazar, DH: 1-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Leovanny Rodriguez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 6 K
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (39-31) won 7-0 (BOX SCORE)
- Ramiro Rodriguez, CF: 2-for-5, R, RBI, SB
- Carlos Machado, DH: 1-for-4, R, 2 RBI
- Oscar Campos, C: 2-for-4, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Logan Mattix, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R
- Andy Pineda, LF: 2-for-4
- Deury Carrasco, SS: 3-for-3, 2 R, RBI, BB
- Brett Conine, RHP: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Ernesto Jaquez, RHP: 3.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Brady Rodgers (6.62 ERA)
CC: Ryan Hartman (2.75 ERA)
QC: Edgardo Sandoval (3.29 ERA)