AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (77-55) CANCELLED
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (79-52) lost 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
Rough night for the offense as they had just two hits, both from Dawson. Bostick got the start and pitched well allowing 3 runs, 2 earned, over 6 innings while striking out 11.Unfortunately, the offense was unable to get anything going and lost 5-0.
Note: Dawson is hitting .281 in 23 games for the Hooks.
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 11 K
- Carlos Sierra, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (75-55) won 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Ivey started for Buies Creek and allowed 2 runs, both in the 2nd inning, over 5 innings while picking up 4 strikeouts. Buies Creek got their first run in the 3rd inning on a Bohanek solo HR. The Astros tied it in the 6th when De La Cruz scored on a wild pitch. Javier relieved Ivey and was tremendous tossing 5 shutout innings with 7 strikeouts. The game went to extra innings and Buies Creek took the lead on a Meyers sac fly. Javier held on for the win/
Note: Javier has 142 K in 108.1 innings this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-2, RBI, 2 BB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-3, R, 2B, 2 BB
- Seth Beer, LF: 0-for-5
- Cody Bohanek, 2B: 1-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Tyler Ivey, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (WIN)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (76-58) won 4-1 (BOX SCORE)
Garcia started for the River Bandits and pitched well striking out 8 over 6 innings while allowing 1 run. Salazar put Quad Cities on the board in the 5th inning with a 2 run HR. The River Bandits scored another run in the 6th when Angarita scored on a wild pitch. Lacroix added some insurance with a solo HR in the 9th. Collado was great in relief striking out 5 over 2 scoreless innings and Castellanos picked up the save striking out the side in the 9th.
Note: Hardy has 21 K in 10.2 innings for Quad Cities.
- David Hensley, 3B: 2-for-5, 2 2B
- Jonathan Lacroix, RF: 2-for-2, R, 3B, HR, RBI
- Alfredo Angarita, CF: 2-for-4, R
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Cesar Salazar, DH: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 8 K (WIN)
- Willy Collado, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Humberto Castellanos, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (38-29) lost 11-5 (BOX SCORE)
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 1-for-4, 2B, BB, SB
- Oscar Campos, 1B: 1-for-4, R
- Alex Holderbach, C: 1-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Andy Pineda, LF: 1-for-2, R, BB, SB
- Ramiro Rodriguez, CF: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Deury Carrasco, SS: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Felipe Tejada, RHP: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Juan Pablo Lopez, LHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Riley Cabral, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Rogelio Armenteros (3.65 ERA)
CC: Brett Adcock (3.94 ERA)
BC: Carson LaRue (4.27 ERA)