AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (69-51) won 4-0 (BOX SCORE)
Emanuel has started and pitched in relief this season but has had a lot more success as a starter (1.37 ERA in 39.1 innings as a starter, 7.94 ERA in 34 innings as a reliever). Last night he started for Fresno and tossed 6 shutout innings with 8 strikeouts. The Grizzlies first got on the board in the 4th scoring 2 runs on a Jones RBI single and De Goti RBI double. Alvarez added an RBI double in the 4th and Angarita added a sac fly in the 5th to make it 4-0. Deetz relieved Emnauel and struck out 2 over 4 innings. Ferrell closed it out with a scoreless 9th inning.
Note: Deetz has has a 0.84 ERA with 35 K in 21.1 innings for Fresno.
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 1-for-4, R
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-3, RBI, BB
- Alex De Goti, SS: 1-for-1, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 0-for-2, RBI
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K (WIN)
- Dean Deetz, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (73-46) OFF
A+: Buies Creek Astros (66-51) OFF
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (68-52) won 3-0 (BOX SCORE)
Donato got the start for the River Bandits and was very good tossing 7 shutout innings with 5 strikeouts. Salazar put Quad Cities on the board with a solo HR in the 6th inning. The River Bandits picked up 2 insurance runs in the 9th on a Costes RBI single and Lacroix RBI triple. Duncan closed it out tossing 2 scoreless innings to pick up the save.
Note: Donato has a 1.83 ERA with 66 K in 59 innings this season.
- Cesar Salazar, C: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Marty Costes, LF: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Jonathan Lacroix, DH: 1-for-3, 3B, RBI, BB
- Chad Donato, RHP: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (32-23) OFF
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Framber Valdez (3.00 ERA)
CC: Forrest Whitley (4.29 ERA)
BC: Peter Solomon (0.00 ERA)