AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (50-35) won 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
Another day, another shutout for the Grizzlies. Hauschild was great last night tossing 8 scoreless innings allowing just 4 hits. Tanielu got Fresno on the board in the 3rd with an RBI single. Davis added an RBI single in the 5th to make it 2-0. Fresno picked up another run in the 7th on a Tucker RBI triple. Jones added some insurance with a 2 run HR in the 8th. Emanuel closed it out with a scoreless 9th.
Note: Kemmer is hitting .378 with 3 HR, 6 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, RF: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 2-for-3, 3B, RBI, BB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Jon Kemmer, DH: 2-for-3, R, BB
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-4, R, 3B
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Mike Hauschild, RHP: 8.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (52-30) lost 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
Alcala started for the Hooks and only last 4.2 innings. He was charged with 2 earned runs but one scored after he left the game. The offense fell behind 3-0 but were able to pick up 2 runs on a Cesar RBI groundout and Wrenn RBI single in the 8th. Bostick pitched the last 4 innings and allowed 3 runs during his outing. The Corpus Christi offense was unable to score anymore runs and dropped this one 5-2.
Note: McCormick is hitting .317 with 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Chas McCormick, RF: 1-for-4, R, 2B, BB
- Josh Rojas, DH: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 0-for-4, RBI
- Yordan Alvarez, 1B: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 2-for-4, RBI
- Ryne Birk, 1B: 1-for-4, 2B
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 4.2 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (47-36) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
LaRue got the start for Buies Creek last night and was solid allowing 2 runs over 7 innings of work. The offense struggled out of the gate and found themselves trailing 3-0 going into the 8th inning. In the 8th, they picked up one run on a Dawson RBI single. Buies Creek would enter the 9th down 3-1 but would rally. They got a bases loaded walk to Marquez, a sac fly from Meyers, and a walk-off RBI single by Julks to send them home with a 4-3 win.
Note: Julks is hitting .417 over his last 10 games.
- Jake Meyers, RF: 2-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Corey Julks, LF: 2-for-5, RBI
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 0-for-1, R, 3 BB
- Orlando Marquez, DH: 0-for-3, RBI, BB
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 7.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (WIN)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (46-37) lost 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
Quad Cities jumped out to an early lead scoring 4 runs in the first inning on a Shaver RBI single and Lacroix 3 run HR. Paredes started and pitched well allowing just 1 run in 6 innings. He was relieved by Castellanos who got roughed up allowing 5 runs, 3 earned over 0.2 innings. Beer added an RBI single in the 7th to make it 6-5 but the offense was unable to score again and lost 6-5.
Note: Beer is hitting .440 with just 3 strikeouts in 7 games for Quad Cities.
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Seth Beer, RF: 2-for-3, RBI
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 1-for-4, R, 3B
- Colton Shaver, DH: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI
- David Hensley, 3B: 1-for-3, BB
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Humberto Castellanos, RHP: 0.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (9-10) lost 6-1 (BOX SCORE)
- J.B. Bukauskas, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Cody Deason, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Hansel Paulino, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Luis De Paula, RHP: 1.0 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Trent Thornton (3.24 ERA)
CC: Forrest Whitley (4.43 ERA)
QC: Chad Donato (1.50 ERA)
TRI: Bryan Abreu (1.50 ERA)