AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (47-32) won 12-4 (BOX SCORE)
The Fresno offense scored early an often last night. They got the scoring started with 3 runs in the first inning on a Tucker solo HR and a Jones 2 run HR. Fisher added a 2 run HR in the 3rd to make it 5-0. Hauschild got the start and allowed 2 runs over 5.1 innings of work. Fresno picked up 3 more in the 7th on a Kemmer 3 run HR and 3 in the 8th on a Tucker RBI single, Stubbs RBI double, and Jones RBI single. The bullpen closed it out with scoreless outings from Guduan and Hoyt.
Note: Tucker is hitting .408 with 8 2B, 6 HR, 21 RBI in 24 games in June.
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB, SB
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 2-for-5, 3 R, 2 2B, RBI
- Derek Fisher, LF: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 3-for-5, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI
- Jon Kemmer, DH: 1-for-4, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 3-for-5, R
- Antonio Nunez, SS: 2-for-4, RBI
- Mike Hauschild, RHP: 5.1 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- James Hoyt, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (48-28) lost 2-0 (BOX SCORE)
Alcala started for the Hooks last night and was solid allowing 2 runs over 5.1 innings with 5 strikeouts. Unfortunately, the offense has a really rough night. Cesar extended his hitting streak picking up 3 hits but that was about it for the offense as they lost 2-0.
Note: Cesar extended his hit streak to 42 games and is hitting .405 over his last 10 games.
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 5.1 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (43-34) won 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
LaRue started for Buies Creek last night and tossed 5 scoreless innings to start it. He was relieved by Ivey who struck out 5 over 3 scoreless innings. Blanco closed it out with a scoreless 9th to seal the shutout. Buies Cree picked up 2 runs in the first inning on a Duarte RBI triple and Bohanek RBI single. In the 6th they got some insurance on a Canelon RBI double and Meyers RBI single.
Note: Ivey has 16 BB/73 K in 61.1 innings this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 2-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-5, R
- Osvaldo Duarte, SS: 2-for-5, R, 3B, RBI
- Cody Bohanek, 2B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Carlos Canelon, C: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Tyler Ivey, LHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (42-36) lost 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
Ramirez started for Quad Cities and allowed 3 runs in 4 innings of work. He was relieved by Aquino who allowed 2 runs in his one inning of work. Solid pitched the last 3 innings and didn’t allow a run while striking out 3. The offense was quiet all game but did pick up a run in the 8th on a Beer RBI single and another in the 9th on a Castro RBI double. Unfortunately, Castro was thrown out for the last out trying to make it to 3rd as Quad Cities lost 5-2.
Note: Beer is hitting .311 with 3 2B, 4 HR, 8 RBI in 12 games this season.
- Seth Beer, LF: 2-for-4, RBI
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 3-for-4
- Logan Mattix, CF: 2-for-3, R, 2B, BB, 2 SB
- Ruben Castro, C: 2-for-4, R, 2 2B, RBI
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Dariel Aquino, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Jairo Solis, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (7-6) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 1-for-4, 2B
- Gilberto Celestino, CF: 0-for-3, BB, SB
- Ramiro Rodriguez, RF: 0-for-2, 2 BB, SB
- Austin Dennis, LF: 1-for-4, R
- Tim Hardy, LHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Mark Moclair, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 3.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Carlos Hiraldo, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Trent Thornton (3.01 ERA)
CC: Akeem Bostick (3.20 ERA)
BC: Abdiel Saldana (3.16 ERA)