AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (46-32) lost 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
The Fresno offense started quick picking up a run in each of the first 3 innings on a Federowicz RBI groundout, Stubbs solo HR, and Tucker RBI double. Sneed was rolling through 3 innings but ended up allowing 5 runs to score in the 4th. He finished allowing those 5 runs in 5 innings of work. Deetz struck out 4 in 2 innings in his first AAA appearance of the season. Fresno picked up a run on an error in the 9th but Tanielu grounded out with two on to end it.
Note: Straw is hitting .348 with 8 SB in 11 AAA games.
- Myles Straw, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 3B, SB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Tim Federowicz, C: 0-for-4, RBI
- Derek Fisher, CF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, SB
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Jon Kemmer, DH: 3-for-4
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 5.0 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
- Dean Deetz, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (48-27) OFF
A+: Buies Creek Astros (42-34) won 7-3 (BOX SCORE)
Javier got the start for Buies Creek and dominated tossing 7 shutout innings with 8 strikeouts. Buies Creek got on the board in the 2nd inning when Duarte doubled and scored on an error and another run on a Robinson RBI single. The Astros would get 4 more runs in the 5th on a Meyers sac fly and Toro 3 run HR, his 12th of the season. Julks added an RBI double in the 8th for insurance. Myrtle Beach picked up 3 runs in the 9th but McKee was able to come on and close it out.
Note: Javier has a 1.47 ERA with 94 K in 67.1 innings this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 0-for-4, RBI
- Cody Bohanek, DH: 1-for-5, R
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-5, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2 2B
- Corey Julks, LF: 3-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, SB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 1-for-3, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 2-for-4, R, RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-4, R
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 8 K (WIN)
- Adam Bleday, LHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 BB
- Colin McKee, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (42-35) won 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Sierra got the River Bandits on the board with a solo HR in the first inning. Taylor added an RBI single in the 2nd to make it 2-0. Rosado got the start and pitched well through the first 5 innings without allowing a run. He allowed 3 in the 6th but still struck out 9 over 6 innings. Quad Cities would respond immediately getting 4 runs in the bottom of the 6th on a Hensley RBI triple, who scored on a wild pitch, and a Papierski 2 run single. Castellanos closed it out with 3 scoreless innings.
Note: Sierra has 3 HR, 7 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
- David Hensley, 3B: 1-for-4, R, 3B, RBI
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2 2B, BB
- Chandler Taylor, RF: 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Michael Papierski, C: 2-for-3, 2 RBI
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 9 K (WIN)
- Humberto Castellanos, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (7-5) OFF
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Mike Hauschild (4.98 ERA)
CC: Jorge Alcala (2.25 ERA)
TRI: Bryan Abreu (1.13 ERA)