AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (46-29)
Game 1 - lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Fresno scored first getting 2 runs in the 2nd on a Kemmer run scoring single and Mayfield RBI single. Thornton has been solid on the mount this season and turned in another quality start last night allowing 3 runs over 6 innings. The offense was unable to score again after the 2nd inning and dropped game one 3-2.
Note: Thornton has a 2.43 ERA over his last 10 starts.
- Myles Straw, CF: 2-for-3, BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 1-for-3, BB, SB
- Tim Federowicz, C: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Jon Kemmer, RF: 1-for-3, R
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 2-for-3, RBI
- Trent Thornton, RHP: 6.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Buddy Boshers, LHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Game 2 - won 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Aremteros turned in his best outing of the season last night allowing just 1 hit and 1 run over 6 innings while striking out 9. Fresno scored once in the first when Tucker doubled and scored on an error. The game would go to the 7th (final inning in MiLB doubleheader) tied at 1. Fresno loaded the based with no outs and Tucker came through with a walk-off RBI single to win it 2-1.
Note: Tucker is hitting .500 with 6 2B, 2 HR, 11 RBI over his last 13 games.
- Kyle Tucker, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Jon Kemmer, LF: 1-for-3, R, 2B
- Nick Tanielu, 2B: 1-for-2, 2B, BB
- Rogelio Armenteros, RHP: 6.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (WIN)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (48-26) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Bostick got the start and allowed 2 runs over his 4.1 innings of work. The Hooks got on the board in the first inning on an Alvarez RBI groundout. They got two more runs in the 2nd inning on a Birk RBI single and a double steal with Sierra stealing home. Alvarez added a solo HR in the 3rd, his 10th HR of the season. The bullpen was solid allowing 1 run over the final 4.2 innings.
Note: Alvarez is hitting .386 with 4 HR, 14 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 1-for-4, R
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-4
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Carmen Benedetti, DH: 1-for-3, R, BB, SB
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 0-for-1, R, 2 BB, SB
- Akeem Bostick , RHP: 4.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (39-33) won 7-3 (BOX SCORE)
Buies Creek got on the board in the 2nd inning on a Meyers sac fly to make it 1-0. Matijevic lead off the 2nd inning with a HR and Toro followed with his own HR to make it back to back. Julks added an RBI single in the 2nd to make it 4-0. Arauz lead off the 4th with a HR, his 2nd in High-A. In the 5th inning, Julks joined the HR party with a solo shot of his own, his first in High-A. Saldana started and allowed 3 runs over 5 innings while striking out 9. Toro added some insurance with an RBI single in the 6th. The bullpen was great with Blanco and Valdez tossing 4 scoreless innings to close it out.
Note: Toro is hitting .333 with 2 HR, 6 RBI over his last 9 games.
- Jake Meyers, RF: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, DH: 2-for-3, R, 2B, HR, RBI, 2 BB, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 2-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-5, R
- Corey Julks, LF: 2-for-5, R, 3B, HR, 2 RBI
- Cody Bohanek, 2B: 1-for-3, R
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Abdiel Saldana, RHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (41-32) won 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
Sandoval has been dominant of late and the same could be said for last night as he tossed 7 shutout innings for the River Bandits. Sierra got Quad Cities on the board with a solo HR in the first inning. Taylor added a 2 run HR in the 2nd inning, his first professional hit. An Angarita RBI single in the 4th made it 4-0. The River Bandits got a little more insurance in the 8th with a Taylor RBI double and another Angarita RBI single. Beloit got 2 unearned runs off of Duncan but Feldmann was able to come in and close it out.
Note: Sandoval has 1.00 ERA with 62 K in 58 innings over his last 11 outings.
- Alfredo Angarita, CF: 3-for-5, 2 RBI
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 2-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Scott Schreiber, 1B: 2-for-3, 2B
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Chandler Taylor, RF: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Michael Papierski, C: 0-for-0, R, 4 BB, SB
- Patrick Sandoval, LHP: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Brendan Feldmann, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (5-4) won 8-2 (BOX SCORE)
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 0-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Seth Beer, 1B: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 2-for-5, R, 2 2B, SB
- Michael Wielansky, 3B: 0-for-2, 2 R, 3 BB, SB
- Ramiro Rodriguez, RF: 3-for-3, R, 2 RBI, BB, SB
- Gilberto Celestino, CF: 1-for-3, SB
- Carlos Machado, LF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Riley Cabral, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Bryan Abreu, RHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Austin Hansen, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Forrest Whitley (0.00 ERA)
BC: Brandon Bailey (3.36 ERA)
QC: Enoli Paredes (1.99 ERA)
TRI: Luis Garcia (0.00 ERA)