AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (33-23) won 10-3 (BOX SCORE)
The Grizzlies scored early and often last night. They got 1 run in the 1st inning on a Tucker RBI single and another in the 2nd inning on a Mayfield solo HR. Fresno again scored in the 4th on a Ferguson RBI single and on a Tucker sac fly in the 5th. Hauschild got the start and pitched well allowing 3 runs, 1 earned, in 6 innings. Derek Fisher added some insurance with a 3 run HR in the 7th inning. This HR also completed the cycle for Fisher. Fisher then added an RBI single in the 8th giving him a perfect 5-for-5 night. Tucker would follow with an RBI groundout. Kemmer capped the scoring with a solo shot in the 9th. Boshers and Thome combined for 3 scoreless in relief.
Note: Fisher is hitting .556 with 5 XBH in 4 rehab games.
- Derek Fisher, CF: 5-for-5, 3 R, 2B, 3B, HR, 4 RBI
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 1-for-4, 3 RBI
- Tyler White, 2B: 1-for-4, BB
- Jack Mayfield, SS: 3-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Jon Kemmer, DH: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 0-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 2-for-4, R, 2B, BB
- Drew Ferguson, RF: 3-for-4, 2 R, RBI
- Mike Hauschild, RHP: 6.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 8 K (WIN)
- Buddy Boshers, LHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (32-22) lost 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks got on the board first picking up 2 runs in the 3rd on a Jones sac fly and Cesar single. Rojas added a sac fly in the 4th. Valdez got the start and pitched well through the first 6 innings allowing just 1 run. He ran into trouble in the 7th though as 3 more runs were scored. This was the difference in the game as the Hooks fell 4-3.
Note: Straw is hitting .390 with 6 SB over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-4, R, SB
- Josh Rojas, RF: 0-for-4, R, RBI
- Taylor Jones, LF: 0-for-1, RBI, 2 BB
- Randy Cesar, 1B: 1-for-5
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 2-for-4
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 1-for-3, BB
- Alex De Goti, SS: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Framber Valdez, LHP: 6.1 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Carlos Hiraldo, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (31-23) won 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
Abdiel Saldana got the start and after allowing 2 runs in the first, he pitched pretty well over the next 4 innings. Unfortunately he ran into some trouble in the 6th and 7th and ended up allowing 5 total runs. The offense got on the board in the first with a McCormick steal of home. Buies Creek scored 3 in the 3rd on a McCormick RBI triple and Toro 2 run HR. Dawson scored on a wild pitch in the 6th to make it 5-3. After Potomac tied it in the top of the 7th, the offense responded getting a run on a McCormick RBI single. Blanco tossed two scoreless innings to close it.
Note: Dawson is hitting .333 with 3 HR, 9 RBI, 4 SB over his last 10 games.
- Chas McCormick, RF: 2-for-3, 2 R, 3B, 2 RBI, BB, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 1-for-4, SB
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 2-for-4, R, SB
- Troy Sieber, 1B: 1-for-3, R
- Kristian Trompiz, SS: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Abdiel Saldana, RHP: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (WIN)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (30-25) lost 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
Quad Cities got off to a nice start scoring 1 run in the first on a Julks RBI single and 1 run in the 2nd on an Arauz RBI single. Mushinski got the start and pitched well allowing 1 run over 4 innings with 6 strikeouts. But Beloit would battle against the bullpen getting 3 runs to take this one late by a score of 4-2.
Note: Arauz is hitting .429 over his last 10 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-3, R, 3B, 2 BB
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 2-for-5, RBI
- Corey Julks, DH: 1-for-5, RBI
- Miguelangel Sierra, 2B: 1-for-3, BB
- Ruben Castro, C: 1-for-3, BB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 1-for-4, R
- Parker Mushinski, LHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 3.2 IP, 0 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 5 K
- Brendan Feldmann, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Trent Thornton (3.43 ERA)
CC: Alex Winkelman (4.58 ERA)
QC: Leovanny Rodriguez (0.64 ERA)