AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (41-27) won 6-1 (BOX SCORE)
Thornton started for Fresno last night and was very good. He had a no-hit bid for 7.2 innings before allowing a single. He ended up going 8 shutout innings. A Tucker sac fly got the Grizzlies on the board in the 3rd inning. The Grizzlies picked up 2 more runs in the 5th on a Davis bases loaded walk and a Reed sac fly. Fresno put the game out of reach in the 6th scoring 3 runs on a solo HR from Mayfield, Straw RBI triple and an RBI double from Tucker. Boshers allowed a run in the 9th but close it out for the 6-1 win.
Note: Tucker is hitting .400 with 8 RBI, 4 SB over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, CF: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B, 3B, RBI, SB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-3, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 1-for-4, RBI, BB
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 2-for-4, 2 R, SB
- Antonio Nunez, SS: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Trent Thornton, RHP: 8.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Buddy Boshers, LHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (41-26) CANCELLED
This game was one out away from being official before the rain came down. Rojas was 3-for-3 with a homer, Alvarez had 2 HR and 4 RBI in his return from the DL. Unfortunately, the game won’t be continued so all the stats from it are gone.
A+: Buies Creek Astros (37-31) won 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
Valdez started for Buies Creek and tossed 7 scoreless innings with 6 strikeouts. The Astros scored twice in the 4th with a run scoring on a fielder’s choice and a Julks RBI single. Arauz added a solo HR in the 5th inning, his first High-A homerun. Toro gave the Astros some insurance with an RBI single in the 8th. Potomac picked up 2 runs but weren’t able to score anything else as Buies Creek won 4-2.
Note: Valdez has a 1.80 ERA over his last 4 outings.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Osvaldo Duarte, LF: 2-for-4, R, 3B
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-2, R, RBI, 2 BB
- Corey Julks, RF: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 7.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Adam Bleday, LHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (39-30) won 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Solis started for Quad Cities but only last two innings allowing one run, but he walked five. Sierra tied the game in the first inning with an RBI single. In the 3rd inning, Shaver gave Quad Cities a 2-1 lead with an RBI double. The bullpen was great with Duncan and Collado tossing 3 scoreless innings each. Sanabria picked up the save with a scoreless 9th.
Note: Collado has a 0.93 ERA in 4 outings this season.
- Ruben Castro, C: 3-for-4, 2 R
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 1-for-2, RBI, 2 BB
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Jairo Solis, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 5 BB, 2 K
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Willy Collado, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (1-1) lost 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
- Jeremy Pena, SS: 0-for-3, 2 BB
- Seth Beer, LF: 0-for-3, BB
- Enmanuel Valdez, DH: 1-for-4, BB
- Ramiro Rodriguez, CF: 0-for-2, R, 3 BB
- Gilberto Celestino, RF: 2-for-3, R, RBI, BB, SB
- Juan Robles, RHP: 4.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Tim Hardy, LHP: 3.1 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Juan Pablo Lopez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Rogelio Armenteros (3.63 ERA)
CC: Cionel Perez (2.15 ERA)
BC: Brandon Bailey (3.08 ERA)
QC: Yohan Ramirez (2.74 ERA)