AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (38-26) OFF
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (38-26) lost 5-1 (BOX SCORE)
Bostick got the start but struggled allowing 7 hits and 3 runs in 3 innings of work. Valdez pitched the final five innings and was very good going 5 innings allowing just 1 run with 10 strikeouts. The Hooks only scored one run on a De Goti solo HR in the 7th. It was his 6th HR in his last 6 games.
Note: Valdez has 66 K over his last 51.1 innings.
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-4
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 2-for-4, 2B
- Chas McCormick, RF: 1-for-2, BB
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 3.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Framber Valdez, LHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (35-29)
Game 1 - lost 9-4 (BOX SCORE)
Adcock got the start in Game 1 but struggled giving up 6 runs in 4 innings. Balaguer struggled too allowing 3 runs in 2 innings. The offense got a run in the first on a wild pitch and another run in the second on another wild pitch. In the 5th Toro had a 2 run triple to get them a bit closer but the dropped game one 9-4.
Note: Toro has 44 RBI and a .835 OPS
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-3, 3B, 2 RBI, BB
- Jake Adams, 1B: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Kristian Trompiz, 2B: 1-for-2, R, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 2-for-3, R
- Brett Adcock, LHP: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Jesus Balaguer, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Robert Corniel, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Game 2 - won 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Bailey started the game with 5 no hit innings as he was cruising along. He allowed two hits in the 6th before being pulled but finished with 5.1 scoreless innings. The Astros got a run in the 3rd on a Duarte RBI single and another in the 6th on a Trompiz RBI groundout. Blanco pitched the final 1.2 innings allowing an unearned run as he closed it out.
Note: Bailey has a 2.62 ERA with 50 K in 44.2 innings over his last 10 outings.
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 1-for-2, R
- Osvaldo Duarte, CF: 1-for-3, RBI
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-1, R, 2 BB
- Kristian Trompiz, 2B: 0-for-3, RBI
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 5.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (35-30) won 4-0 (BOX SCORE)
Deetz made a rehab appearance pitching one inning with a strikeout to start it. He was relieved by Paredes who was very good tossing five one-hit innings with 7 strikeouts. De La Cruz got the River Bandits on the board with a 2 run single in the first. They picked up 2 more runs scoring one in the 6th on an error and one in the 8th on a Tovalin RBI single. Ramirez relieved Paredes and tossed 3 scoreless with 6 strikeouts to pick up the save.
Note: Paredes has a 2.05 ERA with 39 K in 30.2 innings this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2 2B
- Corey Julks, LF: 2-for-4
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 3-for-4, R, 2 RBI
- Adrian Tovalin, 3B: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Roman Garcia, 1B: 1-for-3, 2B
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Dean Deetz, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Brock Dykxhoorn (2.65 ERA)
CC: Forrest Whitley (0.00 ERA)
QC: Leovanny Rodriguez (4.09 ERA)