AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (38-25) won 12-8 (BOX SCORE)
Armenteros got the start and turned in a quality outing allowing 2 runs over 6 innings. The real story was the offense though. Tucker got the Grizzlies on the board with a solo HR in the first inning. Fresno put up 4 runs in the 3rd when they got back to back to back HRs from Reed, Davis, and Fisher. The Grizzlies scored 3 more in the 4th on a Stubbs RBI single, White RBI double, and Reed RBI groundout. Reed added to his monster night with a 3 run HR in the 6th inning. Emanuel allowed 5 runs out of the pen but the offense did its part to get the win.
Note: White is hitting .359 with 4 HR, 9 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Garrett Stubbs, DH: 3-for-5, 3 R, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 3-for-4, 3 R, 2B, HR, RBI, BB
- Tyler White, 2B: 3-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- AJ Reed, 1B: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 6 RBI
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 2-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Derek Fisher, CF: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Jon Kemmer, RF: 1-for-4, 2B
- Antonio Nunez, SS: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Rogelio Armenteros, RHP: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 0.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (37-25) won 8-2 (BOX SCORE)
Alcala made his third outing of the season for the Hooks and turned in his best one yet tossing 5 scoreless innings with 5 strikeouts. McCormick put the Hooks up 1-0 on a sac fly in the 5th. The Hooks offense blew it open in the 7th getting 7 runs on a Sierra RBI single, Straw RBI single, Cesar 2 run double, Wrenn RBI double, De Goti RBI double, and Quintana RBI double. Martin relieved Alcala and allowed 2 runs over 4 innings picking up the win.
Note: Cesar extended his hitting streak to 32 games in which he is hitting .383 with 27 RBI.
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-5, R, RBI
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 2-for-3, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, DH: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Alex De Goti, 2B: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 2-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Chas McCormick, RF: 1-for-3, R, 2B, RBI
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Corbin Martin, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (WIN)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (34-28) lost 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
Buies Creek started the scoring with a Dawson RBI double in the first inning. Valdez got the start and allowed 3 runs over 5 innings of work. Arauz added an RBI single in the 7th to make it 3-2 but Down East would get another run and end up winning this one 4-2.
Note: Adams has 4 HR, 11 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Osvaldo Duarte, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2 2B
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-4, 2B
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-3, R, 2B
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-3, RBI
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (34-29) won 9-0 (BOX SCORE)
Solomon turned in a dominant outing last night going 7 scoreless innings while picking up 7 strikeouts. Shaver put the River Bandits on the board with a solo HR in the first. They picked up another run in the 4th on an Angarita RBI triple. In the 5th they blew it open getting 4 runs on a De La Cruz RBI double, Tovalin RBI single, and Angarita 2 run double. Tovalin added a little more insurance with a 2 run double in the 6th. This was more than enough for the win.
Note: Solomon has a 2.42 ERA with 57 K in 48.1 innings this season.
- Miguelangel Sierra, 2B: 0-for-5, R, BB
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Corey Julks, CF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Adrian Tovalin, DH: 3-for-4, R, 3B, 3 RBI, BB
- Cody Bohanek, SS: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Alfredo Angarita, 3B: 2-for-4, 2B, 3B, 3 RBI, BB
- Peter Solomon, RHP: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Josh James (2.54 ERA)
CC: Cionel Perez (1.99 ERA)
QC: Jairo Solis (8.44 ERA)