AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (32-23) lost 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Cy Sneed got the start for Fresno last night and pitched well allowing 2 runs over 7 innings. Kyle Tucker got Fresno on the board with an RBI groundout in the 5th. Fresno would take the lead in the 7th getting 3 runs on a Fisher RBI single and Mayfield 2 run single. Emanuel relieved Sneed for the 8th and allowed the Isotopes to take a 5-4 lead while Fresno went down in order in the 9th.
Note: Kemmer is hitting .333 with 6 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Derek Fisher, CF: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2B, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, DH: 0-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Jack Mayfield, SS: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
- Jon Kemmer, RF: 2-for-4, 2B
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 7.0 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (32-21) won 9-8 (BOX SCORE)
Wild game in Springfield last night. The Hooks scored first getting solo HRs from Cesar and Wrenn in the second inning. Cionel Perez continued his dominant pitched tossing 5 scoreless innings allowing just 3 hits with 7 strikeouts. A bases loaded HBP to Quintana in the 6th gave the Hooks a 3-0 lead. Springfield would tie it in the 8th and the game would go to extras. In the 10th the Hooks scored 3 runs on a Jones RBI single, Birk RBI double, and Wrenn RBI single. Springfield scored 3 of their own and sent the game to the 11th. Straw came through with an RBI single in the top of the 11th but once again the Cardinals tied it up. In the 12th inning, Wrenn connected on a 2 run HR his 2nd HR of the game. Springfield scored 1 run in the bottom of the 12th but Nunn was able to strand the tying run at 2nd base.
Note: Wrenn is hitting .447 with 3 HR, 11 RBI, 5 SB over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-6, RBI, SB
- Josh Rojas, LF: 1-for-6, 2B
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-5, 2 R, RBI, BB
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 1-for-6, R, 2B, RBI
- Stephen Wrenn, DH: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Alex De Goti, SS: 1-for-4, 2 BB
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 2-for-5, R, 2B, RBI
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Sean Stutzman, LHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Chris Nunn, LHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K (WIN)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (30-23) won 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
Tyler Ivey made his debut and struggled with his command a bit walking 4 and allowing 2 runs in 3 innings. Buies Creek took the lead in the 5th scoring 3 runs on a Toro RBI single, Matijevic sac fly, and Dawson RBI single. Dawson added an insurance run in 8th with another RBI single. The bullpen was solid tossing 6 scoreless innings to close it out.
Note: Dawson is hitting .325 with 3 HR, 11 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Osvaldo Duarte, SS: 3-for-4, R, BB
- Chas McCormick, RF: 2-for-5, R
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-5, RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, DH: 1-for-3, R, RBI, SB
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
- Luis Payano, LF: 2-for-3
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 2-for-4
- Tyler Ivey, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 5 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (30-24) lost 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
Quad Cities scored first in this one getting an RBI single from Shaver in the 2nd inning. Ramirez got the start and got roughed up allowing 4 unearned runs in 1.2 innings. Javier relieved him and was great striking out 9 over 4.1 innings while allowing just 1 run. The River Bandits picked up another run in the 8th on a Sierra RBI groundout but fell by a score of 5-2.
Note: Javier has a 1.87 ERA with 74 K in 43.1 innings this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 0-for-3, R
- Jonathan Arauz, 2B: 3-for-4
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 0-for-4, RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 0-for-3, R, BB, SB
- Colton Shaver, DH: 1-for-4, RBI, SB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-4, 2B
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 4 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
- Juan Robles, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Mike Hauschild (5.03 ERA)
CC: Framber Valdez (5.32 ERA)
BC: Gabriel Valdez (5.50 ERA)