AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (20-13) won 11-6 (BOX SCORE)
Another big game for the Fresno offense. Tony Kemp lead off the game with a little league HR (triple and error) to take a 1-0 lead. In the 2nd inning, the Grizzlies 6 times on a Kemmer RBI single, White 2 run single, Reed RBI single, Davis RBI single and another run scoring on an error. Hauschild got the start but struggled allowing 6 runs in 4.2 innings. Davis stayed hot with an RBI double in the 6th to make it 10-6. Fresno scored 2 more runs in the 8th on a Kemp 2 run double. Guduan and Hoyt both had scoreless outings to close it out.
Note: Davis is hitting .550 with 10 2B, 15 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Tony Kemp, CF: 3-for-6, R, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI
- Drew Ferguson, LF: 1-for-5, R, BB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 0-for-6, R
- Tyler White, 2B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2 RBI, 3 BB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- AJ Reed, 1B: 4-for-6, R, RBI
- Tim Federowicz, C: 2-for-6, R, 2B, RBI
- Jon Kemmer, DH: 2-for-4, 2 R, RBI, BB
- Mike Hauschild, RHP: 4.2 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 7 BB, 5 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- James Hoyt, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (17-15) lost 4-0 (BOX SCORE)
Rough night for the Corpus Christi offense as they managed just 3 hits on the night. Quiala got the start and allowed 3 runs in 5 innings. Corbin Martin pitched in his second AA game last night and pitched well striking out 5 over 3 innings while allowing just 1 run. The offense was unable to put anything together as Corpus fell 4-0.
Note: Martin has 9 BB/31 K in 22.1 innings this season.
- Myles Straw, CF: 0-for-3, BB, SB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 0-for-3, BB, SB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-3, 2B, BB
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-4
- Yoanys Quiala, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
- Corbin Martin, RHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (19-13) won 2-0 (BOX SCORE)
Phenomenal pitching carried the Astros in this one. Brett Adcock got the start and tossed 5 scoreless innings, extending his scoreless inning streak to 17 innings. Buies Creek got on the board with a run scoring on a wild pitch in the 3rd inning. Toro added a solo HR in the 4th to make it 2-0. Scheetz picked up the save tossing 4 perfect innings with 8 strikeouts to close it.
Note: Scheetz has 5 BB/33 K in 19.2 IP this season (1.37 ERA).
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI
- Carlos Canelon, C: 1-for-3, R, 2B
- Alfredo Angarita, DH: 1-for-2, BB, SB
- Brett Adcock, LHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 5 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 4.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (17-13) won 9-0 (BOX SCORE)
More solid pitching from Quad Cities as they got 5 shutout innings from Peter Solomon to start it. The River Bandits got on the board with 4 runs in the 2nd inning on an Almonte 3 run double and Julks RBI double. In the 3rd, De La Cruz connected on a solo HR to make it 4-0. Adams added a 2 run double in the 5th and he came around to score on an error to make it 9-0. Ivey relieved Solomon and tossed 4 scoreless innings with 7 strikeouts to pick up the save.
Note: Ivey has 6 BB/40 K in 26.2 IP this season.
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-5, R
- Gabriel Bracamonte, C: 1-for-4, R
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Jake Adams, DH: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 1-for-4, R
- Cody Bohanek, 3B: 0-for-2, 2 R, 2 BB, SB
- Marcos Almonte, 2B: 2-for-4, R, 2 2B, 3 RBI
- Corey Julks, LF: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI, SB
- Peter Solomon, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K (WIN)
- Tyler Ivey, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Rogelio Armenteros (5.18 ERA)
BC: Jorge Alcala (3.79 ERA)
QC: Yohan Ramirez (3.94 ERA)