AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (19-13) lost 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Cy Sneed got the start last night and went 6 innings allowing 4 runs. The offense struggled out of the gate but got 2 runs in the 8th on a Stubbs 2 run single. Ramsey allowed 2 runs in the 9th and the Grizzlies tried to rally getting one run on a Tucker RBI single but that is all they would get as they dropped this one 6-3.
Note: Stubbs is hitting .355 with 13 RBI in 19 games this season.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 2-for-5, R
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 2-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Tyler White, 3B: 1-for-4, BB
- J.D. Davis, LF: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- AJ Reed, 1B: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 6.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Matt Ramsey, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (17-14) lost 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Tough loss for the Hooks last night. The Hooks jumped out to a 2-0 lead on a Wrenn 2 run double in the 3rd. In the 6th inning, the Hooks got RBI singles from Birk and Cesar. Bostick got the start and pitched well going 4.1 innings without allowing a run and 6 strikeouts. San Antonio got 1 run in the 8th and then won the game with a walk-off grand slam in the 9th. Riley Ferrell’s struggles continued as he walked three retiring just one batter.
Note: Rojas is hitting .361 over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, CF: 2-for-3, R, 2 BB, SB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 1-for-5, 2B, 2 RBI
- Josh Rojas, 3B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, BB
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Randy Cesar, DH: 1-for-4, RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 1B: 2-for-4, RBI
- Alex De Goti, SS: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 4.1 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 3.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Sean Stutzman, LHP: 0.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (18-13) lost 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
Forgetful night for the offense last night. The offense picked up 3 hits, all singles, over 9 innings. Brandon Bailey got the start and allowed 2 runs in 5 innings with 6 strikeouts. He was relieved by Carson LaRue who allowed 3 runs in 1.2 innings.
Note: Bailey has 40 K in 24.2 innings this season.
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 2.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Carlos Sierra, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (16-13) lost 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
The River Bandits six game winning streak was snapped last night. Meyers put Quad Cities on the board with a 2 run HR in the 3rd. Rosado was rolling but eventually allowed 3 runs in the 5th inning. Corniel allowed another 3 runs in the 9th. The River Bandits picked up 1 run in the 9th on a sac fly but they were unable to get anything else dropping this game 6-3.
Note: Meyers is hitting .314 with 2 HR, 6 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Adrian Tovalin, 3B: 2-for-4
- Michael Papierski, C: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Cody Bohanek, SS: 1-for-4, R
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 5.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Robert Corniel, RHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Cole Watts, LHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Mike Hauschild (5.10 ERA)
CC: Yoanys Quiala (5.96 ERA)
BC: Brett Adcock (1.21 ERA)
QC: Peter Solomon (3.24 ERA)