AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (32-22) won 12-11 (BOX SCORE)
Crazy game last night. Tucker got Fresno on the board in the first with a solo HR and Mayfield followed up with a 2 run HR to make it 3-0. Tucker continued his hot hitting connecting on a 2 run HR in the 2nd inning. Dyxhoorn made the start for Fresno but struggled allowing 3 runs in 4 innings. Fresno scored 3 more runs in the 5th on a Kemmer 2 run HR and de Oleo RBI single. Albuquerque tied it up at 8 and the game would go to extra innings. The Grizzlies scored 3 in the 10th on a Garcia RBI single, White RBI single and another scoring on a wild pitch. Unfortunately, the Isotopes scored 3 of their own. Fresno picked up another run in the 11th on a Garcia sac fly and Dorris was able to close the door in the bottom of the inning for the win.
Note: Tucker has 4 HR, 11 RBI and 8 BB/7 SO over his last 10 games.
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 1-for-5, R, 2 BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Tyler White, 2B: 3-for-6, RBI
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-4, 2 R, 2 BB
- Jack Mayfield, SS: 1-for-6, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Jon Kemmer, DH: 4-for-6, 2 R, 2 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 1-for-5, 2 R, 3B, BB
- Eduardo de Oleo, C: 3-for-6, R, 2B, RBI
- Alejandro Garcia, RF: 1-for-5, R, 2 RBI
- Brock Dykxhoorn, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Andrew Thome, LHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 0.1 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- James Hoyt, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Jacob Dorris, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (WIN)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (31-21) won 11-4 (BOX SCORE)
Different night, same score for the Hooks. Corpus Christi jumped out to an early 4-0 lead in this one on a Jones 3 run HR and Cesar solo HR in the first inning. Corbin Matin got the start but only lasted 3 innings, though he didn’t allow a run. Rojas led off the 5th inning with a HR, his 4th HR of the season. The Hooks picked up 4 more runs in the 7th on a Cesar RBI single and Wrenn 3 run HR. Ferrell closed the game out with 1.1 scoreless innings, another good outing for him.
Note: Rojas is slashing .350/.410/.573 with 8 2B, 3 HR, 18 RBI, 7 SB in 26 AA games.
- Myles Straw, CF: 3-for-4, R
- Josh Rojas, DH: 3-for-5, 3 R, 2B, HR, RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 5 RBI
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 3-for-5, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 3-for-5, R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Alex De Goti, SS: 3-for-5, 2B, 3B
- Corbin Martin, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 1 K (WIN)
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (29-23) lost 1-0 (BOX SCORE)
Rough game for the Buies Creek offense as they had just 3 hits on the day. Adcock got the start and was phenomenal allowing just 2 hits over 5 scoreless innings with 6 strikeouts, he just didn’t get any run support. Bailey allowed a run in the 7th and that was the difference in the game.
Note: Adcock has allowed 21 hits in 44.2 innings while striking out 51 this season.
- Brett Adcock, LHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
- Robert Corniel, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (30-23) lost 13-6 (BOX SCORE)
Solia made his season debut and it didn’t go well as he retired just one batter and gave up 5 runs. The River Bandits did get 3 runs in the first on a Meyers solo HR and Adams 2 run HR. Quad Cities chipped away with 2 in the 7th on a Julks RBI double and Sierra RBI single. Clinton put more runs on the board in the 7th and 8th as they extended their lead and won 13-6.
Note: Sierra is hitting .341 with 2 HR, 12 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 0-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 3-for-5, R, 2B, RBI
- Jake Adams, DH: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 1-for-4, SB
- Jairo Solis, RHP: 0.1 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
- Peter Solomon, RHP: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Dariel Aquino, RHP: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Cy Sneed (3.68 ERA)
CC: Cionel Perez (1.88 ERA)
QC: Yohan Ramirez (2.87 ERA)