AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (17-9) POSTPONED
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (16-10) won 8-3 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks jumped out to an early lead in this one on a 2 run HR from Alvarez in the top of the first inning. Quiala got the start for the Hooks and allowed 3 runs in 5 innings with all 3 runs coming in the first inning. Jones contributed to the scoring with a 2 run single in the third to make it 4-3. In the 4th, Quintana drove in Rojas with an RBI single to extend the lead. The Hooks got some more insurance in the 8th with a Rojas RBI triple and Quintana RBI single. Alvarez capped off the day with a solo HR in the 9th, his 6th HR of the season. Bostick picked up the save tossing 4 scoreless innings.
Note: Alvarez is hitting .342 with 4 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, RF: 1-for-5, R, 2B
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 1-for-4, 2 R
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 4-for-5, 2 RBI
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 2-for-5
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-5, R, 2B
- Josh Rojas, DH: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, 3B, RBI, BB
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
- Alex De Goti, SS: 1-for-4, 3B
- Yoanys Quiala, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (16-10) lost 15-3 (BOX SCORE)
Rough day for the Buies Creek pitching staff. I guess one positive is while Down East scored 15 runs, all 15 came in 3 innings. LaRue got the start and allowed 5 runs, all in the 2nd inning, over his 4 innings of work. Toro got Buies Creek on the board with a solo HR in the 4th, which was followed by a Duarte solo HR two batters later. McCormick would add a solo HR in the 6th but that would be it from the offense. The bullpen struggled allowing 10 runs in 4 innings.
Note: McCormick is hitting .394 with 6 RBI over his last 8 games.
- Chas McCormick, RF: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Troy Sieber, 1B: 1-for-3, 2B, BB
- Osvaldo Duarte, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-3, BB
- Kristian Trompiz, 2B: 1-for-3, BB
- Luis Payano, DH: 2-for-4
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 4.0 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 2.2 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (12-12) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Ivey got the start for the River Bandits and pitched well allowing 2 runs over 5 innings while striking out 7. Quad Cities got on the board in the 4th inning on an Adams 2 run HR and Tovalin RBI double to make it 3-1. They would get another run in the 6th on a De La Cruz RBI groundout. The bullpen was solid with Paredes striking out 7 over 2.2 innings. Sanabria picked up the save.
Note: Adams is hitting .363 with 4 HR, 12 RBI over his last 9 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-3, BB
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-3, 2 R, BB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Adrian Tovalin, 3B: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Marcos Almonte, DH: 2-for-3, RBI, BB
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-3, 2B
- Tyler Ivey, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Mike Hauschild (4.50 ERA)
CC: Corbin Martin (-.-- ERA)
BC: Brett Adcock (1.65 ERA)
QC: Peter Solomon (3.95 ERA)