AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (29-21) lost 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Hauschild got the start and while he allowed 4 runs over 7 innings, all 4 came in the 3rd inning. Fresno chipped away at the lead with a run in the 7th on Garcia groundout. In the 8th the Grizzlies would pick up two more on a Reed solo HR and Tanielu RBI single. The comeback came up short as the Grizzlies went down in order in the 9th.
Note: Reed has 5 HR, 10 RBI and 11 BB/6 SO over his last 10 games.
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Tim Federowicz, C: 2-for-4, R, 2 2B
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 2-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Mike Hauschild, RHP: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (28-21) won 7-2 (BOX SCORE)
Framber Valdez turned in a solid outing for Corpus last night allowing 2 runs over 6 innings with both runs coming in the 1st. Birk got the scoring started with a sac fly in the first inning. Birk tied the game in the third on an RBI groundout. In the 5th Cesar had an RBI single to take a 3-2 lead. A Jones RBI single in the 7th and a De Goti 3 run HR in the 8th capped of the night for the Hooks. Stutzman and Sierra were solid in relief to close it.
Note: Straw is hitting .378 with 8 BB/4 SO and 8 SB over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, CF: 5-for-5, 3 R, 2 2B, SB
- Josh Rojas, LF: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-2, RBI, 2 BB
- Randy Cesar, DH: 3-for-4, RBI
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 0-for-3, 2 RBI
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 1-for-4, R, 3B
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 1-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Framber Valdez, LHP: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Sean Stutzman, LHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Carlos Sierra, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (27-22) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Alcala got the start and allowed 2 runs over 5 innings. He has been very good over his last 8 outings. Dawson got the Astros on the board with a solo HR in the 4th. It wasn’t enough though as it was the only run Buies Creek would score.
Note: Alcala last 8 outings - 1.85 ERA, 34.0 IP, 18 H, 7 ER, 11 BB, 40 K
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Abdiel Saldana, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (27-22)
Game 1 - won 12-0 (BOX SCORE)
Yohan Ramirez got the start and was great tossing 6 scoreless innings. The offense was on fire from the start getting 6 runs in the first inning on a Sierra 2 run double, Papierski RBI single, and De La Cruz 3 run double. They got 2 more in the 2nd on a Sierra 2 run HR to make it 8-0. In the 3rd inning the River Bandits picked up 3 more on a Meyers RBI single, and a 2 run single from Arauz. This was more than enough for the pitching ad they won 12-0.
Note: Sierra is hitting .350 with 10 RBI over last 10 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, 2B: 3-for-4, R, RBI
- Corey Julks, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 3-for-4, 3 R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Bryan De La Cruz, DH: 2-for-2, R, 2 2B, 3 RBI, BB
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 1-for-2, R, 2B, BB
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Dariel Aquino, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
Game 2 - lost 5-1 (BOX SCORE)
Javier dominated this game going 6 scoreless innings allowing just 1 hit and striking out 9. Unfortunately, the offense struggled to get much going after Garcia allowed 3 runs in the 8th. The River Bandits got one back in the bottom of the inning but fell 3-1.
Note: Javier has 48 K over his last 28 innings pitched.
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 6.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Trent Thornton (3.49 ERA)
CC: Alex Winkelman (5.01 ERA)
QC: Parker Mushinski (1.34 ERA)