AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (28-19) lost 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
Josh James got the start for the Grizzlies last night and allowed 2 runs in 4.1 innings before being pulled due to an injury. He was relieved by Emaniel who allowed 3 runs in just 1.1 innings. The offense didn’t get much going but did get a 2 run HR from Tucker in 8th inning. They weren’t able to score anything else and dropped this one 5-2.
Note: Tucker has 3 HR, 9 RBI over his last 10 games..
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Tyler White, SS: 2-for-3, BB
- AJ Reed, 1B: 0-for-1, 3 BB
- Josh James, RHP: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 1.1 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Buddy Boshers, LHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (27-19) won 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks got a great start out of Quiala last night who allowed just 1 run and 1 hit over 5 innings. Corpus Christi got out to an early lead with 2 runs in the first inning on a Rojas sac fly and Cesar RBI groundout. Wrenn added an RBI single in the 2nd to give Corpus their 3rd run. The bullpen held down the lead and Ferrell picked up the save striking out 2 in a perfect 9th (8 pitches).
Note: Cesar is hitting .395 with 2 HR, 13 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-2, R, 2 BB, SB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 1-for-1, R, RBI, 2 BB
- Josh Rojas, 3B: 0-for-3, RBI
- Randy Cesar, 1B: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 1-for-3, R, 2B
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-2, R, SB
- Yoanys Quiala, RHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Sean Stutzman, LHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (26-20)
Game 1 - lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
LaRue got the start in game one and allowed 3 runs in 5.1 innings. The offense didn’t provide him much support though scoring just 1 run in the 4th as they dropped game 1 by a score of 3-1.
Note: LaRue has 14 BB/42 K in 39.2 innings this season.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 1-for-3, 2B
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-3, R
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 1-for-3, 2B
- Chas McCormick, RF: 0-for-2, RBI
- Carson LaRue, RHP: 5.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Robert Corniel, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
Game 2 - won 10-4 (BOX SCORE)
Game 2 was a nice offensive burst for Buies Creek. They scored 5 in the first inning on a Dawson RBI double, Toro 2 run HR, and Angarita 2 run single. In the 2nd inning Matijevic connected on a solo HR to make it 6-0. Dawson added a 3 run HR in the 3rd to really blow it open. Valdez allowed 2 runs in 5 innings as the starter. Matijevic added another solo HR in the 5th to give him a 3 hit night. Duncan allowed 2 runs in the 7th but they held on easily for the 10-4 win.
Note: Matijevic is hitting .343 with 1.094 OPS (20 XBH) in 26 games this season.
- Osvaldo Duarte, RF: 3-for-4, 2 R, 3B
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 2-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Luis Payano, DH: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Kristian Trompiz, SS: 1-for-4, R, SB
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 2-for-3, R, 2 RBI
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 2.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (25-20) won 8-4 (BOX SCORE)
Quad Cities fell behind in this one 4-1 as Sandoval allowed 4 runs in 4.2 innings of work. They would start a rally picking up 2 in the 6th on a Sierra RBI double and another run scoring on delayed steal of home. In the 7th they took the lead scoring 4 runs on a Julks 2 run single and Adams 2 run double. Meyers added a little insurance with an RBI triple in the 8th. The bullpen locked down the final 4.1 innings to close it out.
Note: Julks is hitting .346 with 8 RBI over his last 7 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-3, 2 R, 3B, RBI, 2 BB
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 3-for-5, R, 3B, RBI
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 1-for-3, 2B, 2 RBI
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, SB
- Ruben Castro, DH: 2-for-4, R
- Patrick Sandoval, LHP: 4.2 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Juan Robles, RHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Corbin Martin (5.27 ERA)
QC: Cesar Rosado (5.02 ERA)