AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (27-18) lost 4-2 (BOX SCORE)
Fresno got off to a nice start getting 2 runs in the first inning on a Reed RBI single and Tanielu RBI groundout. Hauschild started for Fresno and started well, but allowed a run in the 4th, 5th, 7th, and 8th. Guduan pitched two scoreless innings in relief but the offense was unable to score anymore.
Note: Guduan has a 1.90 ERA with 38 K in 23.2 innings this season.
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 3-for-4, R, BB
- Kyle Tucker, DH: 1-for-5, R
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-3, RBI, BB
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 0-for-3, RBI, BB
- Jon Kemmer, RF: 2-for-4
- Mike Hauschild, RHP: 7.0 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (25-19) lost 7-3 (BOX SCORE)
Winkelman got the start for the Hooks and struggled allowing 5 runs in just 4 innings of work. He was relieved by Valdez who was solid allowing 2 runs over his 4 innings with 5 strikeouts. Ritchie was the only offense for the Hooks getting an RBI double in the 5th and a 2 run triple in the 9th but it wasn’t enough as the Hooks fell 7-3.
Note: Valdez has 15 BB/51 K in 41.1 innings this season.
- Carmen Benedetti, LF: 1-for-4, R
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, BB, SB
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 2-for-4, 2B, 3B, 3 RBI
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 4.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Framber Valdez, LHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (24-19) won 4-1 (BOX SCORE)
Buies Creek jumped out to an early lead on a Sieber RBI single in the first inning. Saldana got the start and was very good going 5 innings while allowing just 1 run. In the 3rd inning, Trompiz connected on a 2 run single to make it 3-1. Sieber added some insurance with another RBI single in the 5th. Alcala relieved Saldana was dominated tossing 4 scoreless innings with 7 strikeouts.
Note: Alcala last 7 outings - 1.55 ERA, 29.0 IP, 15 H, 11 BB, 38 K
- Osvaldo Duarte, CF: 1-for-5, R
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Chas McCormick, RF: 1-for-4, R
- Troy Sieber, 1B: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
- Kristian Trompiz, SS: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
- Abdiel Saldana, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (23-20) lost 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Yohan Ramirez got the start and wasn’t bad going 5 innings while allowing 2 runs. The River Bandits finally got on the board in the 5th on a Meyers RBI double. Cristin Javier relieved Ramirez and was dominant striking out 9 over 4 scoreless innings. Unfortunately, the offense was unable to get anything else going.
Note: Javier has a 2.18 ERA with 56 K in 33.0 innings this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 2-for-3, 2B, BB, SB
- Roman Garcia, DH: 1-for-3, 2B
- Jonathan Lacroix, LF: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Rogelio Armenteros (3.86 ERA)
CC: Ryan Hartman (1.53 ERA)
BC: Hector Perez (5.64 ERA)
QC: Leovanny Rodriguez (2.25 ERA)