AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (27-17) won 7-2 (BOX SCORE)
Cy Sneed got the start for Fresno last night and turned in a quality outing allowing 2 runs over 6 innings of work. Fresno got off to a good start offensively with Kyle Tucker connecting on a 2 run HR. Reed followed with a solo HR in the first to make it 3-0. Kemmer added a solo HR in the 7th, his 7th HR of the season. Tyler White continued his hot hitting with an RBI double in the 8th. The Grizzlies added some more insurance in the 9th on a White RBI single and Tucker scoring on a balk. Emanuel and Hoyt had scoreless outings to seal it.
Note: Ramsey last 4 outings - 8.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 12 K
- Jake Marisnick, CF: 2-for-5, 2 R, 3B
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 3-for-4, 3 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Tyler White, SS: 2-for-5, 2B, 2 RBI
- Tim Federowicz, C: 1-for-4, BB
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Jon Kemmer, DH: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 6.0 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- James Hoyt, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (25-18) won 9-7 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks jumped out to a 1-0 lead when Straw came around to score on a Taylor Jones RBI single. Rojas added a solo HR in the 3rd to make it 2-0. Cionel Perez started for the Hooks and pitched well allowing just 2 solo HRs over 5.1 innings while picking up 8 strikeouts. In the 5th, Myles Straw had an RBI double for the Hooks’ 3rd run. The Hooks got some insurance in the 7th on a Cesar 2 run single and 4 in the 8th on a Wrenn solo HR, Jones RBI double, and Benedetti 2 run single. Frisco picked up 5 runs in the 9th to make it interesting but the Hooks were able to pull it out with the tying run on deck.
Note: Rojas is hitting .475 with 4 2B, 2 HR, 8 RBI, 5 SB over his last 10 games.
- Myles Straw, CF: 2-for-3, 3 R, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
- Josh Rojas, LF: 3-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 3-for-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Carmen Benedetti, DH: 2-for-4, 2 RBI, BB
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 2-for-5, 2 RBI
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 1-for-5, R, HR, RBI
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 2-for-5
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 5.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 8 K
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Carlos Sierra, RHP: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (23-19) lost 9-1 (BOX SCORE)
Rough day for Buies Creek. The offense didn’t do much only picking up 1 run in the 6th on a McCormick sac fly. Bailey got the start and allowed 3 runs in 4 innings. Scheetz and McKee both pitched in relief allowing 3 runs a piece as Buies Creek fell 9-1.
Note: Toro has 26 BB and a .378 OBP in 42 games this season.
- Alfredo Angarita, SS: 2-for-5
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 1-for-3, BB
- Chas McCormick, RF: 0-for-2, RBI, BB
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 3.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (23-19) lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
The River Bandits got on the board in the 6th on a Miguelangel Sierra RBI double and Shaver RBI double. Ivey was rolling through the first five but gave up 2 runs in the 6th. It was still a good start overall as he went 6 innings allowing just the 2 runs. Beloit picked up a run in the 7th off of Paredes, which proved to be the winning run.
Note: Ivey has 8 BB/49 K in 37.2 innings this season.
- Ruben Castro, DH: 1-for-3, R, 3B, BB
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, SB
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 1-for-2, 2B, 2 BB
- Tyler Ivey, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Mike Hauschild (5.22 ERA)
CC: Alex Winkelman (4.13 ERA)
BC: Abdiel Saldana (2.73 ERA)