Wild game in Salt Lake last night. After falling behind 1-0, White tied the game with a solo HR in the 4th. Salt Lake picked up 2 more runs but Fresno would respond with 6 runs on a Kemmer solo HR, White 2 run single, Davis 2 run double, and Federowicz RBI double. Unfortunately, the pitching struggled as Sneed allowed 10 runs over 5.2 innings. Fresno picked up 2 more in the 9th on a Davis 2 run HR but it wan’t enough to pick up the win.
Note: White is hitting .407 with 2 HR, 7 RBI over his last 7 games.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 1-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 1-for-5, SB
- Tyler White, 1B: 3-for-3, 3 R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- AJ Reed, DH: 0-for-4, R, BB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 4-for-5, 2 R, 2 2B, HR, 4 RBI
- Tim Federowicz, C: 2-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Jack Mayfield, SS: 3-for-5, R, 2B
- Jon Kemmer, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 5.2 IP, 10 H, 10 R, 10 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
- Reymin Guduan, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Jacob Dorris, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (15-10) lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Dykxhoon got the start last night and pitched well tossing 5.2 scoreless innings. The game stayed scoreless until the Hooks got on the board with 2 runs in the 8th on Alvarez and Benedetti RBI singles. Midland battled right back though scoring 3 unearned runs in the bottom of the inning. The offense got 2 on in the 9th but they were unable to cash in.
Note: Dykxhoorn has a 1.16 ERA with 22 K in 23.1 innings this season.
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-3, BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 2-for-4, R, RBI
- Carmen Benedetti, RF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Josh Rojas, 2B: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Brock Dykxhoorn, RHP: 5.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 5 K
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (16-9) lost 8-7 (BOX SCORE)
Tough loss for the Astros last night. After falling behind 5-0 in the first inning they would battle back to tie it getting a Dawson RBI single in the 3rd, a Sieber solo HR in the 4th, and a Dawson 3 run HR in the 5th. Perez got the start and really struggled allowing 5 runs while only retiring one batter. After tying the game at 5, Down East would score 2 to take a 7-5 lead. Buies Creek rallied in the 9th getting a Duarte sac fly and Robinson RBI single to tie it. Unfortunately, Down East walked it off in the bottom of the 9th.
Note: Dawson is hitting .343 with 2 HR, 7 RBI, SB over his last 10 games.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 2-for-4, R, HR, 4 RBI
- Chas McCormick, RF: 2-for-5, 2B
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Troy Sieber, 1B: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI, BB
- Osvaldo Duarte, LF: 1-for-4, RBI, SB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-5, RBI
- Kristian Trompiz, 2B: 2-for-5, R
- Luis Payano, DH: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Hector Perez, RHP: 0.1 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 5 BB, 2 K
- Jesus Balaguer, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (11-12) won 15-2 (BOX SCORE)
Quad Cities had a monster first inning which carried them to the win. In the first they got two grand slams, one from Jake Adams and the other from Jonathan Arauz. Bohanek added a 2 run double in the 2nd to make it 11-0. Julks connected on a 3 run HR in the 4th to continue adding on the runs. Rosado got the start and went 5 scoreless innings. He was relieved by Sandoval who pitched 4 innings allowing 2 runs with 7 strikeouts picking up the save.
Note: Adams is hitting .353 with 3 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 2-for-5, R, BB
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 4-for-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Michael Papierski, C: 0-for-4, R, RBI, 2 BB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 1-for-6, R
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-5, R, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Adrian Tovalin, 3B: 1-for-6, R
- Colton Shaver, DH: 0-for-3, 3 R, 3 BB
- Cody Bohanek, 2B: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Corey Julks, LF: 2-for-4, 3 R, HR, 3 RBI, 2 BB
- Cesar Rosado, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Patrick Sandoval, LHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 7 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Rogelio Armenteros (5.12 ERA)
CC: Yoanys Quiala (6.11 ERA)
BC: Carson LaRue (0.46 ERA)
QC: Tyler Ivey (4.58 ERA)