AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (25-16) won 9-7 (BOX SCORE)
The Grizzlies jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning thanks to a Davis 2 run triple and a Reed RBI groundout. Kemmer added an RBI double in the 3rd to make it 4-0. Josh James got the start and allowed 2 runs over 5 innings while picking up 10 strikeouts. In the 4th, Davis added an RBI single. Davis conitnued his hot hitting with an RBI double in the 6th. In his 4th at bat of the night, JD Davis connected on a solo HR to complete the cycle. Reed followed with a solo HR of his own. The bullpen gave up a few runs but the offense scored enough to win it.
Note: White is hitting .472 over his last 10 games. James has 55 K in 31.2 innings this season.
- Jake Marisnick, CF: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 0-for-4, R, RBI, BB
- Tyler White, 2B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, 2 BB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 4-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 3B, HR, 5 RBI, BB
- AJ Reed, 1B: 2-for-5, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Jon Kemmer, DH: 2-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Antonio Nunez, SS: 3-for-4, R, 2B, SB
- Josh James, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 10 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Matt Ramsey, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (24-16) won 4-0 (BOX SCORE)
Ryan Hartman got the start last night and was sensational going 6.1 scoreless innings while striking out 11. The Hooks scored their first run in the 3rd on a Rojas RBI single. Corpus Christi got some insurance in the 6th on a Benedetti RBI double and a 2 run HR from Cesar. Pinales and Ferrell both had scoreless innings to preserve the shutout and seal the win.
Note: Rojas is now hitting .340 with 16 2B, 20 RBI, 18 SB in 39 games this season.
- Myles Straw, CF: 2-for-4, R, 2 SB
- Carmen Benedetti, RF: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Josh Rojas, 3B: 3-for-4, R, RBI, 2 SB
- Randy Cesar, DH: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 6.1 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 11 K (WIN)
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (23-16) POSTPONED
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (22-17) won 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Another strong pitching performance fro Mushinski who tossed 5 scoreless innings last night. All the offense on the night came from the bat of Corey Julks as he connected on a run HR in the 7th inning. Leovanny Rodriguez relieved Mushinski and pitched well allowing 1 run over 4 innings while picking up the win.
Note: Mushinski has a 1.47 ERA with 44 K in 30.2 innings this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 2-for-4, 2B
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Corey Julks, DH: 1-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Cody Bohanek, SS: 1-for-3, SB
- Parker Mushinski, LHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Leovanny Rodriguez, LHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: David Paulino (4.85 ERA)
CC: Brock Dykxhoorn (2.32 ERA)
BC: Gabriel Valdez (7.36 ERA)
QC: Cesar Rosado (5.47 ERA)