AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (24-16) OFF
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (23-16) won 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
Framber Valdez got the start and was very good through the first five innings as he didn’t allow a run. He ended up allowing a 3 run HR in the 6th but finished the night going 7 innings, allowing just the three runs, with 8 strikeouts. The Hooks scored two in the first on a Benedetti RBI single and Cesar RBI double and two more in the 4th on a Birk RBI triple and Tanielu RBI single. The bullpen gave up a run in the 9th as San Antonio tied it, and another run in the 10th as the Missions took a 5-4 lead. The Hooks rallied though tying the game on a Cesar RBI single and then winning with a walk-off, bases loaded hit by pitch.
Note: Rojas is hitting .360 with 10 BB/5 SO in 14 AA games.
- Carmen Benedetti, RF: 2-for-5, R, RBI
- Josh Rojas, SS: 1-for-4, R, 2B, BB
- Taylor Jones, LF: 2-for-5
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 4-for-5, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 1-for-5, R, 3B, RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 1B: 3-for-5, RBI, SB
- Alex De Goti, DH: 1-for-4, RBI
- Framber Valdez, LHP: 7.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Justin Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K (WIN)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (23-16) lost 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Another solid day for the Buies Creek pitching. Bielak got the start and allowed 2 runs over 5 innings while picking up 5 strikeouts. He was relieved by Hector Perez who was great allowing just 1 hit over the final 4 innings. Unfortunately the offense struggled scoring just 1 run on an Angarita RBI double and ended up dropping this one 2-1.
Note: Bielak has 11 BB/48 K in 34.0 innings this season.
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, LF: 3-for-4, 2B
- Kristian Trompiz, 1B: 1-for-3, R
- Carlos Canelon, C: 2-for-3, 2 2B
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Hector Perez, RHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (21-17)
Game 1 - won 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
Javier, who got the start, has been a bit erratic this year. He was good yesterday though striking out 10 in 5 innings, allowing just 2 runs. The offense put up a five spot in the 2nd inning on a De La Cruz RBI single, Papierski 2 run single, and Bohanek 2 run HR. Shaver added a solo HR in the 7th for a little extra insurance. Bleday picked up the save with two scoreless innings to close it.
Note: Javier has a 2.47 ERA with 47 K in 29.0 innings this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 2-for-4
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Miguelangel Sierra, SS: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Jake Adams, DH: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Michael Papierski, C: 2-for-2, R, 2 RBI, BB
- Cody Bohanek, 3B: 1-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 10 K (WIN)
- Adam Bleday, LHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
Game 2 - won 8-4 (BOX SCORE)
Luis Garcia has been very good this year but struggled a little bit last night allowing 3 runs in 4 innings. The offense came out firing though scoring 5 in the 2nd (just like game one) on a Julks single, Lacroix RBI single, and Meyers 3 run HR. De La Cruz added an RBI single in the 3rd to make it 6-2. Jake Adams and Colton Shaver both had RBI singles in the 5th as they extended the lead. The bullpen allowed 2 runs but the offense had a big enough cushion that it didn’t matter.
Note: Meyers is hitting .333 with 3 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-5, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Ruben Castro, C: 1-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Miguelangel Sierra, 2B: 2-for-4, R
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-4, RBI
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Colton Shaver, 3B: 3-for-4, R, RBI
- Jonathan Lacroix, DH: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Josh James (5.40 ERA)
CC: Ryan Hartman (1.86 ERA)
BC: Gabriel Valdez (7.36 ERA)
QC: Parker Mushinski (1.75 ERA)