AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (23-15) won 6-4 (BOX SCORE)
Cy Sneed got the start for Fresno last night and pitched very well allowing just 1 run over 6 innings of work. Fresno got on the board in the 2nd inning on a Federowicz RBI double. They got another run in the 3rd on a Davis RBI groundout. In the 4th, the offense put up 4 runs on a Kemp 2 run single, Tucker sac fly and Davis RBI double. Emanuel gave up 3 runs in relief but McCurry was able to close the door picking up the last four outs.
Note: Davis has 31 RBI in 29 AAA games.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 1-for-5, R, 2 RBI
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-4, RBI
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 1-for-3, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- AJ Reed, 1B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Alejandro Garcia, LF: 2-for-4, R
- Jon Kemmer, DH: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Tim Federowicz, C: 2-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Antonio Nunez, SS: 1-for-4, 2B
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (20-16) won 8-3 (BOX SCORE)
Corbin Martin made his home debut for the Hooks last night and was very good going 5.1 innings allowing 1 unearned run and picking up 6 strikeouts. The offense got three in the first on a Jones RBI double and a Tanielu 2 run double. Wrenn added an RBI single in the 4th to make it 4-0. Rojas continued his hot start in AA with an RBI single in the 5th to make it 5-0. The Hooks continued to play add on in the 6th getting an RBI double from Wrenn and a bases loaded walk to Rojas. Stutzman allowed 2 runs in relief but Pinales closed it out striking out 6 in 2.1 innings.
Note: Straw is hitting .394 with 5 BB/2 SO, 7 SB over his last 8 games.
- Myles Straw, CF: 2-for-5, R
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Carmen Benedetti, DH: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 4-for-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Josh Rojas, 3B: 1-for-1, R, 2 RBI, 4 BB
- Nick Tanielu, 1B: 2-for-5, 2B, 2 RBI
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 1-for-5, R
- Alex De Goti, SS: 2-for-4
- Corbin Martin, RHP: 5.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Sean Stutzman, LHP: 1.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K (SAVE)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (22-15) lost 8-7 (BOX SCORE)
Rough loss for the Astros. Brandon Bailey got the start and while he walked 6 batters, he allowed just 1 hit and 1 run in 5 innings of work. Sierra got Buies Creek on the board with a 2 run HR in the 4th inning. In the 7th, the offense picked up 4 more runs to take a 6-1 lead. Myrtle Beach picked up 3 in the 8th off of Adcock to make it 6-4. Buies Creek got one more in the 9th for some insurance but it wasn’t enough. Balaguer and McKee failed to close it out allowing 4 runs to score and Myrtle Beach to when it in a walk-off.
Note: Toro is 9-for-13 over his last three game raising his BA from .217 to .266.
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 0-for-5, 2 R, RBI, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 4-for-5, R, RBI
- J.J. Matijevic, DH: 1-for-4, RBI
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 2-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Troy Sieber, 1B: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Luis Payano, LF: 1-for-2, R, BB
- Orlando Marquez, C: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, SB
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 6 BB, 4 K
- Brett Adcock, LHP: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Jesus Balaguer, RHP: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 0.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (19-15) OFF
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Mike Hauschild (5.45 ERA)
CC: Yoanys Quiala (5.86 ERA)