AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (21-14) lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Josh James made his AAA debut last night and was solid allowing 3 runs over 5 innings while picking up 7 strikeouts. Unfortunately, the offense had a rare off night offensively. They scored one in the 4th on a White RBI double and another in the 6th on a Tucker sac fly but that is all they would get dropping this one 3-2.
Note: White is hitting .385 with 6 2B, 17 RBI over his last 12 games.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 1-for-4, R
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 2-for-4, R
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 0-for-3, RBI
- Tyler White, 3B: 2-for-3, 2 2B, RBI
- Josh James, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
- Matt Ramsey, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Buddy Boshers, LHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (18-15) won 9-2 (BOX SCORE)
Cionel Perez put together his best outing of the season last night tossing 5 scoreless innings with 1 BB/7 K. The Hooks got on the board in a big way in the 2nd inning scoring 6 runs on a Rojas RBI groundout, Birk 2 run single and Cesar 3 run HR. A Rojas RBI double and Taylor Jones RBI single in the 6th made it 8-1. Rojas would add a solo HR in the 8th to add to his good night at the plate. Riley Ferrell came in to pitch the 9th but his struggles with command continued as he walk 4 and retired just two batters. Easy win for the Hooks though as overall, the pitcher was very good.
Note: Perez has a 1.85 ERA with 23 K in 24.1 innings this season.
- Myles Straw, CF: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2 SB
- Josh Rojas, DH: 2-for-5, 3 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 1-for-5, R, 2 RBI
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-3, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Carmen Benedetti, LF: 2-for-4
- Alex De Goti, SS: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 1 K
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (21-13) won 8-5 (BOX SCORE)
Saldana got the start but struggled allowing 4 runs in the first and only retiring two batters before being pulled. Buies Creek got 2 runs back in the 2nd on a groundout and error. In the 6th inning, Buies Creek rallied for 6 runs on a Dawson RBI single, Duarte 2 run single, Sierra 2 run double, and Canelon RBI single. Ronel Blanco and Brandon Bielak were both great in relief sealing the win for the Astros.
Note: Bielak has 43 K in 29.0 IP this season.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 3-for-5, R, RBI, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 0-for-4, R, BB
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB, SB
- Osvaldo Duarte, RF: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2 RBI
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-2, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Troy Sieber, DH: 1-for-4, RBI, SB
- Carlos Canelon, C: 1-for-3, RBI, BB
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 1-for-5, R, 2B, SB
- Abdiel Saldana, RHP: 0.2 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 4.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Brandon Bielak, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (18-14) lost 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Tough night for the offense as they managed just 1 run on 7 hits. Luis Garcia allowed just 1 run over his 4 innings of work. He was relieved by Cristian Javier who allowed 1 unearned run over his 4 innings. The bats just didn’t have enough in them with the River Bandits falling 2-1.
Note: Julks is hitting .306 with 2 HR, 8 RBI, 5 SB over his last 10 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-4, SB
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-3, 3B, BB
- Michael Papierski, C: 0-for-3, RBI
- Cody Bohanek, 2B: 2-for-3, 2B, BB
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-2, R, BB, 2 SB
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
- Adam Bleday, LHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: David Paulino (3.38 ERA)
CC: Framber Valdez (6.04 ERA)
BC: Hector Perez (5.91 ERA)
QC: Parker Mushinski (1.74 ERA)