AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (21-13) won 14-4 (BOX SCORE)
Odd pitching line for Armenteros as he went 5 innings but allowed 6 hits and didn’t record a single strikeout. The offense was ready to roll once again though scoring early and often. The Grizzlies got on the board in the 2nd inning on a Reed 2 run HR and a Nunez RBI grounout. In the 2nd inning, they scored 3 more runs on a Davis RBI double, Tucker RBI single and another run scoring on an error. The Grizzlies would score 3 more runs in the 4th on a White RBI double, Federowicz RBI double, and Davis RBI single. White had another RBI basehit in the 8th inning followed by a Tucker RBI single. The bullpen allowed a few runs but the offense scored more than enough runs.
Note: Davis is hitting .578 with 11 2B, 17 RBI over his last 11 games.
- Tony Kemp, CF: 2-for-6, 2 R, 3B
- Drew Ferguson, RF: 1-for-4, R, RBI, 2 BB
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 2-for-5, R, 2B, 3B
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 2-for-4, R, 2 RBI, BB
- Tyler White, 2B: 4-for-6, 4 R, 2 2B, 4 RBI
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 4-for-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- AJ Reed, 1B: 1-for-2, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Tim Federowicz, PH/C: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, RBI
- Jon Kemmer, DH: 2-for-5, RBI
- Rogelio Armenteros, RHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K (WIN)
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Chris Nunn, LHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (17-15) OFF
A+: Buies Creek Astros (20-13) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Jorge Alcala made the start for the Astros and was solid going 5.2 innings allowing 3 runs, 2 earned. Buies Creek entered the bottom of the 5th down 3-0 but would start their comeback with Sieber hitting a double and scoring on a groundout. The Astros put together a rally in the 7th scoring 3 times on a groundout and Angarita 2 run single/error. Balaguer and McKee shut the doors with scoreless outing sin relief.
Note: Scheetz has 5 BB/33 K in 19.2 IP this season (1.37 ERA).
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-2, R, BB
- Troy Sieber, DH: 1-for-2, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Carlos Canelon, C: 1-or-3, RBI
- Alfredo Angarita, 2B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Kristian Trompiz, 1B: 0-for-3, R, RBI
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 5.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Jesus Balaguer, RHP: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Colin McKee, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (18-13) won 7-1 (BOX SCORE)
Yohan Ramirez got the start for Quad Cities yesterday and pitched really well tossing 7 shutout innings while allowing just 1 hit. Jake Meyers got the River Bandits on the board with a solo HR in the 3rd and Almonte added another run in the 4th on an RBI double. Quad Cities broke it open in the 6th scoring 4 runs on an Almonte RBI single, Meyers RBI double, De La Cruz RBI single, and another run scoring on an error. Corey Julks added a solo HR in the 8th inning. Sanabria closed out the game allowing 1 run in 2 innings of work.
Note: Meyers is hitting .324 with 2 HR, 6 RBI, 3 SB over his last 10 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 2-for-5, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, 2 SB
- Jonathan Arauz, DH: 0-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 1-for-5, RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI
- Cody Bohanek, SS: 2-for-4, 2 R, 3B
- Marcos Almonte, 2B: 2-for-3, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 7.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Josh James (-.-- ERA)
BC: Abdiel Saldana (1.91 ERA)
QC: Luis Garcia (1.50 ERA)