AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (15-7) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Kent Emanuel was on the mound to start for Fresno last night and was solid. He allowed 2 runs in 5 innings with the 2 runs coming in the first inning. Unfortunately, the offense really struggled. The only run Fresno was able to score was on a solo HR from Reed in the 2nd.
Note: Kemp is hitting .386 with 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- James Hoyt, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (13-8) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Wild game in Corpus Christi last night. Bostick got the start and was very good allowing just 1 run in 5.2 innings. The Hooks would go into the bottom of the 9th trailing 1-0 but tied it at 1 on an Alvarez RBI double. The game moved to the 10th and Frisco picked up 2 runs in the top of the inning. The Hooks would rally though getting 3 runs on a Quintana RBI double and a walk-off 2 run single from Wrenn to win it.
Note: Alvarez has 19 RBI in 19 games this season.
- Myles Straw, CF: 2-for-5, R
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 3-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 1-for-3, R, 2B, RBI
- Alex De Goti, SS: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 5.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K (WIN)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (15-7) won 4-0 (BOX SCORE)
More dominating pitching from Buies Creek. Corbin Martin got the start and was phenomenal again tossing 5 scoreless innings allowing just 1 hit. Buies Creek got on the board in the first on a Rojas RBI double and McCormick RBI single. McCormick added an RBI single in the third to make it 3-0. Rojas would add some insurance in the 7th with and RBI double to make it 4-0. Adcock relieved Martin was fantastic tossing 4 no-hit innings while picking up 9 strikeouts in the save.
Note: Martin season line - 0.00 ERA, 19 IP, 4 H, 7 BB, 26 K
- Luis Payano, LF: 1-for-3, R
- Josh Rojas, 1B: 3-for-4, 2 R, 3 2B, 2 RBI
- Chas McCormick, RF: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-2, R, BB, SB
- Corbin Martin, RHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Brett Adcock, LHP: 4.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (9-10) won 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
Wild game in Quad Cities too. Solomon got the start and allowed 2 runs over 5 innings with 7 strikeouts. The River Bandits took the lead in the 4th with 3 runs thanks to a bases loaded HBP and two runs scoring on an error. The game moved to the 12th tied at 3 but Cedar Rapids scored 2 to make it 5-3. Tovalin tied the game in the bottom of the inning with a 2 run HR. In the 13th, the River Bandits would win it on a walk-off walk to Julks.
Note: De La Cruz is hitting .351 with 7 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-5, BB
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-5, R, RBI, BB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2B
- Adrian Tovalin, 3B: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 2-for-5, 2B
- Cody Bohanek, SS: 1-for-4, RBI
- Gabriel Bracamonte, C: 0-for-5, R, SB
- Peter Solomon, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Robert Corniel, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 7 K
- Adam Bleday, LHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Mike Hauschild (4.29 ERA)
CC: Cionel Perez (3.00 ERA)
BC: Jorge Alcala (4.61 ERA)
QC: GM 1 - Cristian Javier (1.64 ERA); GM 2 - TBD