AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (15-6) won 4-3 (BOX SCORE)
Fresno just keeps on winning. Armenteros made his 4th start of the season last night and was solid allowing 2 runs in 5 innings of work. Fresno picked up 2 runs in the first inning with one scoring on a wild pitch and another on a Reed groundout. A Ferguson RBI groundout in the 5th gave the Grizzlies a 3-2 lead. After Tacoma tied it up in the 6th, the Grizzlies would retake the lead in the 8th on a Davis RBI double. McCurry picked up the save striking out the side in the 9th.
Note: Kemp is hitting .372 with 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 2-for-4, R, 3B
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 0-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Tyler White, 3B: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- AJ Reed, 1B: 0-for-3, RBI, BB
- J.D. Davis, LF: 2-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- Alejandro Garcia, RF: 1-for-3, BB
- Rogelio Armenteros, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Matt Ramsey, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Buddy Boshers, LHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (WIN)
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (12-8) lost 11-1 (BOX SCORE)
Rough game for Corpus Christi. Quiala got the start and was roughed up allowing 5 runs in 4.1 innings. The bullpen didn’t fare much butter allowing 6 runs over a combined 4.2 innings. The offense was held scoreless until the 9th when Jones broke through with an RBI double, though that is all they would score during the game.
Note: Jones is hitting .368 with 15 RBI in 16 games this season.
- Stephen Wrenn, DH: 2-for-3, R, BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 1-for-3, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Yoanys Quiala, RHP: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Brendan Feldmann, RHP: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
- Kevin Hill, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (14-7) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Brandon Bailey got the start last night and, once again, showed his ability to rack up the strikeouts picking up 8 in 5 innings while allowing 2 unearned runs. Down East only had two hits on the night but they made them count. Buies Creek picked up a run in the 7th on a Trompiz RBI groundout but that is all they would get as they fell 3-1.
Note: Bailey has allowed just 9 hits with 29 K in 17 IP this season.
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-3, BB
- Chas McCormick, RF: 1-for-4, SB
- Osvaldo Duarte, 2B: 1-for-4, R
- Kristian Trompiz, 1B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Brandon Bailey, RHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Carlos Sierra, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (8-10) won 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Another late comeback win for the River Bandits. Ivey start for Quad Cities and allowed 2 earned runs over 4.2 innings. Papierski got the River Bandits on the board in the first with an RBI double. McKee relieved Ivey and pitched well striking out 4 over 1.2 innings. The River Bandits took a 4-3 lead in the 7th inning on a Bohanek 3 run HR, his first HR of the season. A De La Cruz RBI triple and Tovalin RBI double picked up some insurance runs as Duncan picked up the save striking out 5 in 2.2 innings.
Note: Ivey has 3 BB/26 K in 17.2 innings this season.
- Jonathan Arauz, 2B: 1-for-4, R, 3B, BB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 3-for-5, R, 3B, RBI
- Adrian Tovalin, 3B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Michael Papierski, C: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Colton Shaver, 1B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Cody Bohanek, SS: 1-for-3, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Tyler Ivey, LHP: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Kent Emanuel (1.08 ERA)
CC: Akeem Bostick (6.55 ERA)
BC: Corbin Martin (0.00 ERA)