Thornton got the start last night and was phenomenal going 6 shutout innings while picking up 9 strikeouts. Fresno took a 2-0 lead in the 6th on a Federowicz 2 run HR. Unfortunately, the bullpen couldn’t hold the lead as McCurry allowed 3 runs in the 8th and Fresno dropped this one 3-2.
Note: Federowicz is hitting .433 with 8 RBI in 8 games this season.
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-4, 2B, BB
- Tyler White, 2B: 1-for-3, BB
- A.J. Reed, 1B: 2-for-3, R, BB
- Tim Federowicz, C: 2-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Jack Mayfield, SS: 1-for-3, BB
- Trent Thornton, RHP: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Matt Ramsey, RHP: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Buddy Boshers, LHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (11-6) won 6-1 (BOX SCORE)
Valdez made the start for the Hooks last night and pitched great. He went 6 innings allowing just 2 hits, 1 run picking up 7 strikeouts. Jones got the Hooks on the board in the 4th with an RBI double. He eventually scored on a field error to put Corpus up 2-1. In the 7th, Straw added an insurance run with a sac fly to right field. Pinales struck out 4 in two innings of work, working out of a bases loaded jam in 8th. The Hooks picked up 2 more runs in the 8th on a Birk 2 run triple. Garza closed the game out with a scoreless 9th.
Note: Birk is hitting .469 with 7 RBI in his last 7 games.
- Myles Straw, CF: 0-for-4, RBI, SB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Nick Tanielu, 3B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 2-for-4, R, 3B, 2 RBI
- Randy Cesar, DH: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 2-for-3, R, 2B, RBI
- Framber Valdez, LHP: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Ralph Garza, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (12-6) OFF
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (6-9) won 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Quad Cities got on the board in the first inning on a De La Cruz RBI single. Garcia made the start and was good once again striking out 7 over 4.1 scoreless innings. The game would move to the 7th tied at 1 but the River Bandits would retake the lead with an RBI triple from Tovalin and another run on an error. Sanabria picked up the save throwing a scoreless 9th.
Note: Garcia has 16 K in 9 innings with a 0.00 ERA this season.
- Jake Adams, 1B: 2-for-4, R
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Adrian Tovalin, 3B: 1-for-3, R, 3B, RBI
- Luis Garcia, RHP: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Carlos Hiraldo, RHP: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Carlos Sanabria, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Josh James (1.38 ERA)