Martes made the start for Fresno last night but was roughed up again allowing 11 hits and 6 runs in just 4.2 innings. The offense managed 11 hits but they were spread out. Ferguson got them on the board in the 4th with a solo HR. Kemmer had an RBI groundout in the 5th and Davis added an RBI single in the 6th. Kemmer hit a solo HR in the 9th, his 4th, but it wasn’t near enough as they dropped this one 9-4.
Note: Ferguson is hitting .341 with 2 HR, 10 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 2-for-3, R, HR, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 2-for-3, RBI, BB
- Jack Mayfield, SS: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Jon Kemmer, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Francis Martes, RHP: 4.2 IP, 11 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (10-6) won 8-6 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks got out to an early lead getting 3 runs in the 2nd on a Quintana RBI double and Straw 2 run single. Winkelman made the start and allowed 4 runs over his 5 innings of work. Perez relieved Winkelman and allowed two unearned runs over 4 innings. The Hooks would enter the 8th inning down 6-4. In the 8th, Alvarez connected on a 3 run homer to right center to take a 1 run lead. De Goti added a little insurance in the 9th with an RBI single as the Hooks won it 8-6.
Note: Alvarez has 17 RBI in 14 games this season.
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-4, R, 2 RBI, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, DH: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 2-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Carmen Benedetti, RF: 1-for-3, BB
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 2-for-4, R
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB, SB
- Alex De Goti, SS: 1-for-4, RBI
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (WIN)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (12-6) won 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Buies Creek got back to their winning ways yesterday. Saldana got the start and was great again tossing 5.2 scoreless innings, keeping his season ERA at 0.00. McCormick got the Astros on the board with a sac fly in the first. The game would stay tied at 1 until the 8th inning when Toro connected on a 2 run HR to take a 3-1 lead. Sierra picked up the save tossing two scoreless innings.
Note: Dawson is hitting .333 with 2 HR over his last 10 games.
- Ronnie Dawson, CF: 1-for-3, R, 3B, BB
- Josh Rojas, LF: 1-for-3, R, 2B, B, SB
- Abraham Toro, 3B: 1-for-2, R, HR, 2 RBI, SB
- Chas McCormick, RF: 0-for-3, RBI
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 2-for-4, 2B
- Abdiel Saldana, RHP: 5.2 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Jesus Balaguer, RHP: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Carlos Sierra, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (5-9)
Game 1 - lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
The first game of a double header yesterday. Ramirez made the start and allowed 3 runs before making it out of the first inning. He was relieved by Castellanos who pitched very well tossing 5.1 scoreless innings. Quad Cities picked up a run in the second on a De La Cruz RBI double and another in the 3rd on an Adams RBI double but that is all they would get as they fell 3-2.
Note: Castellanos made his season debut at 20 years old yesterday.
- Corey Julks, RF: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Jake Adams, 1B: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI
- Adrian Tovalin, 3B: 2-for-3, R, 2B
- Bryan De La Cruz, DH: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 0.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Humberto Castellanos, RHP: 5.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
Game 2 - won 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Just like Saturday, yesterday’s game 2 was the opposite of game 1. Javier got the start and struggled with his command walking five and allowing 2 runs in 3 innings. Almonte got the River Bandits on the board with a sac fly in the 4th. Quad Cities took the lead in the 5th on a Bohanek sac fly and Julks RBI double. McKee, Aquino, and Duncan all had scoreless outings in relief.
Note: De La Cruz is hitting .303 over his last 10 games.
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Jake Adams, DH: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Marcos Almonte, 2B: 0-for-2, RBI
- Bryan De La Cruz, RF: 2-for-3, R
- Jacob Meyers, CF: 1-for-3, R
- Cody Bohanek, 3B: 0-for-2, RBI
- Cristian Javier, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 5 BB, 5 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K (WIN)
- Dariel Aquino, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Trent Thornton (5.84 ERA)
CC: Framber Valdez (6.75 ERA)