Fresno just keeps on rolling. Kemp, who had a big night, got the Grizzlies on the board in the 2nd inning with an RBI double. Reed and Stubbs added RBI singles in the 3rd inning to make it 3-0. Hauschild got the start and was solid once again allowing 2 runs over 6 innings of work. Fresno would get some insurance in the 8th inning scoring 3 runs on a Kemp RBI single, Ferguson RBI single, and a Tucker sac fly. McCurry and Hoyt both had scoreless outings to seal the win for Fresno.
Note: Stubbs is hitting .405 with 1.017 OPS through 10 games this season.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 3-for-5, R, 2B, 3 RBI, SB
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 2-for-5, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-4, R, RBI, SB
- Tyler White, 1B: 0-for-2, R, 3 BB
- A.J. Reed, DH: 1-for-5, RBI
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 0-for-4, R, BB
- Jon Kemmer, LF: 1-for-5, R, 3B
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Mike Hauschild, RHP: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- James Hoyt, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (9-6) won 10-3 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks jumped out to an early lead and never looked back. In the top of the first inning Taylor Jones connected on a 2 run double to put the Hooks up 2-0. Tanielu would follow with a 2 run HR, his 3rd of the season. In the 2nd inning the Hooks picked up 3 more runs on a Jones RBI double, Cesar RBI single and another run scoring on an error. Bostick made the start and while the line wasn’t perfect, he allowed only 1 run in 3.2 innings. Straw put together a great game and was 4-for-4 heading into the 9th. With two outs in the 9th, Straw hit a ball over the right fielder for an RBI triple giving him a 5-for-5 night. Quiala picked up the save allowing 2 runs in 4 innings.
Note: Straw is hitting .420 with .545 OBP in 15 games this season.
- Myles Straw, CF: 5-for-5, 2 R, 3B, RBI, BB, SB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 1-for-6, R
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 0-for-4, 2 R, BB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 2-for-5, R, 2 2B, 3 RBI
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 2-for-5, R
- Nick Tanielu, DH: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-5, RBI
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 2-for-5, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- Alex De Goti, SS: 2-for-4, R, BB
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 3.2 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Brendan Feldmann, RHP: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Yoanys Quiala, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (11-6) lost 3-0 (BOX SCORE)
Alcala got the start last night for Buies Creek and pitched really well allowing just 1 run in 5 innings with 6 strikeouts. Unfortunately, the offense had a rough day at the plate picking up just 2 hits (both from Robinson). Scheetz allowed 2 more runs in relief and the Astros dropped this one 3-0.
Note: Alcala has 18 K in 13.2 innings this season.
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Kit Scheetz, LHP: 1.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (4-8)
Game 1 - lost 5-3 (BOX SCORE)
Quad Cities scored a run in each of the first three innings on a Matijevic steal of home in the first, Meyers sac fly in the second, and Garcia RBI single in the third. Ivey got the start and was rolling along through 4 innings allowing just 2 hits with 5 strikeouts. Not sure what happened but he lost it in the 5th allowing the first five baserunners to reach base. He ended up being charged with 5 runs and picking up the loss as Quad Cities was unable to score any other runs.
Note: Matijevic is slugging .611 this season in 10 games.
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 2-for-2, 2 R, 2 2B, BB, 2 SB
- Jonathan Arauz, 3B: 1-for-2, BB, SB
- Roman Garcia, 1B: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Gabriel Bracamonte, C: 2-for-3
- Jacob Meyers, CF: 0-for-2, RBI
- Tyler Ivey, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Colin McKee, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Tanner Duncan, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Game 2 - won 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Game 2 was the opposite of game one. The River Bandits fell behind 4-0 as Solomon allowed 4 runs in 2.1 innings but the offense was able to rally. Meyers got the River Bandits on the board in the 5th with a 2 run HR to make it 4-2. The game moved to the 7th (final inning as part of a double header) and Quad Cities put together a 2 out rally. With 2 outs in the inning Julks connected on an RBI triple to bring QC within a run. The next batter, Adams, came through with an RBI single to tie. Arauz brought Adams in with an RBI double to give QC the 5-4 lead. Aquino picked up the save tossing a scoreless 7th.
Note: Arauz is hitting an even .300 through 11 games this season.
- Corey Julks, LF: 2-for-4, R, 3B, RBI
- Jake Adams, 1B: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Michael Papierski, C: 1-for-2, R, BB
- Jacob Meyers, CF: 3-for-3, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Cody Bohanek, 2B: 1-for-3, SB
- Peter Solomon, RHP: 2.1 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
- Adam Bleday, LHP: 3.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Dariel Aquino, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Francis Martes (4.66 ERA)
CC: Alex Winkelman (4.70 ERA)
BC: Abdiel Saldana(0.00 ERA)