AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (44-38) won 8-1 (BOX SCORE)
Fresno scored 8 runs in this one for the 4th straight game in a row. Deetz got the start and had his first good outing in AAA going 5 innings and allowing just 1 run with 6 strikeouts. Fresno got the bats rolling early with 2 runs in the 2nd inning on a Centeno RBI groundout and a run scoring on a wild pitch. They would get another in the 3rd on a Reed RBI single. In the 4th, they got 2 more runs on a Fisher 2 run single and then 2 more runs in the 5th on Centeno and Kemp RBI singles. Reed would add a solo HR (13) in the 8th. West and McCurry both tossed 2 scoreless innings to close it out.
Note: Moran is hitting .409 with 3 HR, 12 RBI over his last 12 games.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 2-for-5, R, RBI, BB, SB
- Teoscar Hernandez, CF: 1-for-4, R, BB, SB
- Colin Moran, 1B: 2-for-5, 2 R
- Derek Fisher, LF: 1-for-5, RBI
- A.J. Reed, DH: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Juan Centeno, C: 1-for-4, R, 2 RBI
- Jon Kemmer, RF: 3-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Dean Deetz, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Aaron West, RHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Brendan McCurry, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (38-41) lost 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Winkelman was on the mound last night and suffered from some rough luck again. He gave up 3 runs, all unearned, in 3.2 innings. Over his last three outings he has allowed 13 runs with only 2 of them being earned. Corpus fell behind 4-0 but would get 1 run back in the 6th on a Singleton RBI single. They made it 4-3 with 2 runs in the 7th on a 2 run single from Nunez. Unfortunately, NW Arkansas got 2 more runs of Thome and Corpus was unable to counter.
Note: Davis is hitting .362 over his last 16 games.
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 2-for-5
- Jon Singleton, DH: 1-for-5, RBI
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Ramon Laureano, RF: 2-for-3, R, 2B
- Antonio Nunez, SS: 1-for-3, 2 RBI, BB
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 1.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (43-37) won 7-1 (BOX SCORE)
Another Perez on the mound, another dominating performance. Hector went 5.2 innings allowing just 1 run with 9 strikeouts. Buies Creek got on the board in the 2nd inning on a solo HR from de Oleo. They entered the 6th tied at 1 but Sierra scored on an error and another run came in on an Alvarez RBI double. They added 4 more in the 7th on a Jones solo HR, Straw RBI single, Wrenn RBI single, and an Alvarez sac fly. Kessay tossed 2 scoreless innings and Stutzman closed it with 1.1 scoreless.
Note: Alvarez has 42 RBI in 41 games between A/A+.
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 1-for-4, RBI
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 2-for-3, 2B, 2 RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Eduardo de Oleo, C: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-2, 2 R, 2 BB
- Hector Perez, RHP: 5.2 IP, 8 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
- Sebastian Kessay, LHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Sean Stutzman, LHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (43-35) won 5-3 (BOX SCORE)
Saldana got the start last night for Quad Cities and was great allowing just 1 run over 7 innings of work lowering his season ERA to 3.43. The lone run came in the first inning. Quad Cities was held scoreless until the 5th where they broke through for 3 runs on a Dawson RBI single and a 2 run double from Robinson. They added 2 more in the 6th on an RBI single from Arauz and another run scoring on an error. This was plenty for Saldana as QC picked up the win.
Note: Dawson is hitting .316 with 3 HR, 6 RBI over his last 9 games.
- Daz Cameron, CF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Ronnie Dawson, LF: 1-for-5, R, RBI
- Carmen Benedetti, RF: 1-for-2, R, 2 BB, SB
- Marcos Almonte, DH: 1-for-4, R
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Tyler Wolfe, 2B: 1-for-3, BB, SB
- Abdiel Saldana, RHP: 7.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Devon Carr, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A-: Tri-City ValleyCats (4-7) lost 3-0 (BOX SCORE)
- Abraham Toro-Hernandez, 3B: 1-for-3, 2B
- J.J. Matijevic, LF: 1-for-3, BB, SB
- Jake Adams, 1B: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Patrick Sandoval, LHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
- Parker Mushinski, LHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Hunter Martin, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Rookie: Greeneville Astros (5-4) SUSPENDED
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: David Martinez (4.62 ERA)
BC: Jorge Alcala (3.38 ERA)
QC: Cionel Perez (4.37 ERA)
GV: Juan Robles (5.19 ERA)