AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (25-30) won 4-1 (BOX SCORE)
Fresno keeps on rolling. Coleman got the start last night and was great going 6 innings allowing just 1 run with 7 strikeouts. Fresno got their first run of the night on a Centeno RBI single in the 3rd inning to tie it at one. The game stayed tied at 1 until the 7th inning.
In the 7th inning, Fresno took the lead on a 2 run HR from Brignac, his 4th of the year. Kemmer then followed with a solo HR making it back to back homers and giving Fresno a 4-1 lead. Comer was fantastic once again out of the bullpen tossing 2 scoreless innings. He now owns a 0.92 ERA in 29.1 innings (34 K) this season. Jankowski pitched the 9th picking up 2 strikeouts and the save.
Note: Fisher is hitting .485 during his current 8 game hitting streak
- Preston Tucker, LF: 0-for-3, R
- Derek Fisher, CF: 2-for-4
- Juan Centeno, DH: 1-for-4, RBI
- Max Stassi, C: 1-for-2, R
- Reid Brignac, SS: 1-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Jon Kemmer, RF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Casey Coleman, RHP: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
- Kevin Comer, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Jordan Jankowski, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (27-27) lost 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Tough loss late for Corpus Christi. The Hooks jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the first when Tucker singled, stole second, and scored on a Davis RBI single. Tucker has a hit in all 4 games he has played with the Hooks. In the 3rd inning, they added to the lead with a 2 run HR from Singleton making it 3-0.
Dykxhoorn was on the mound and went 4.2 innings allowing 2 runs, though he walked 6. The game stayed 3-2 all the way to the 9th when Corpus added a run on a Mayfield RBI single to make it 4-2. Ferrell picked up 2 outs in the 8th and stayed in for the 9th. After allowing the first 2 baserunners to reach, he was relieved for Thome. Thome got 2 outs but then allowed 3 straight singles as Tulsa rattled off 3 runs to win it.
Note: Nunez is hitting .299 on the season for the Hooks
- Kyle Tucker, CF: 1-for-5, R, SB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 2-for-3, BB
- Jon Singleton, 1B: 1-for-2, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 2-for-4, RBI, SB
- Ramon Laureano, RF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, SB
- Antonio Nunez, SS: 1-for-3, SB
- Brock Dykxhoorn, RHP: 4.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 6 BB, 4 K
- Sean Stutzman, LHP: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 0.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 0.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (31-24) won 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Buies Creek jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in this one getting 2 runs in the 1st inning on a Hermelyn RBI single driving in Straw. Straw continues to get on base hitting .288 with a .401 OBP this season. Wrenn would add a sac fly for the 2nd run of the inning. Quiala got the start and was very good early on. He shutout Carolina up until the 7th inning where he allowed 2 runs, 1 earned. Those 2 runs tied the game but Buies Creek would bounce right back.
In the bottom of the 7th, Ayarza doubled in Sierra to give them a 3-2 lead. Sierra got the final 2 outs of the 7th and tossed a scoreless 8th to hold the 3-2 lead. Hernandez tossed a scoreless 9th striking out the side to pick up the save. He had been dominating recently with his last 10 outings looking like this: 10 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 18 K.
Note: Quiala has a 2.91 ERA in 46.1 innings this season.
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-3, BB
- Rodrigo Ayarza, DH: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, LF: 0-for-2, RBI, BB
- Anthony Hermelyn, C: 1-for-4, SB
- Dexture McCall, 1B: 1-for-4
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 2-for-3, R, 2B, SB
- Yoanys Quiala, RHP: 6.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 5 BB, 6 K
- Carlos Sierra, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (27-26) won 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Nice come from behind win for the River Bandits. Valdez got the start and allowed 2 runs over 5 innings of work. Blanco came in and allowed 2 unearned runs in the 7th to make it 4-0. The River Bandits offense had a rough go of things until they finally broke through in the 7th getting their first run on a Henderson RBI double.
In the 8th inning, with 2 outs and the bases loaded, Robinson hit a grand slam to give the River Bandits a 5-4 lead. Williams, who picked up the final 2 outs of the 8th, tossed a scoreless 9th inning to secure the win for the River Bandits. Alvarez picked up 2 more hits bringing his season average to .383 in 17 games.
Note: Robinson has 11 RBI in his last 11 games.
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 2-for-3, R, BB
- Ronnie Dawson, RF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Chuckie Robinson, DH: 1-for-4, R, HR, 4 RBI
- Wander Franco, 3B: 1-for-4, R
- Raymond Henderson, C: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI
- Jonathan Arauz, SS: 1-for-3, R
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Lucas Williams, RHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: David Martinez (6.22 ERA)
CC: Kyle Smith (2.93 ERA)
BC: Framber Valdez (3.57 ERA)
QC: Cionel Perez (5.88 ERA)