AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (13-18) lost 7-3 (BOX SCORE)
The rough start to the season continues for Fresno. Frias was on the mound yesterday and struggled again allowing 7 runs over 4 innings. He has a 6.91 ERA on the season in 27.1 innings. Colorado Springs scored 3 in the 2nd and 4 in the 4th to put Fresno in 7-0 hole. Fresno battled late getting 2 in the 8th on a Kemmer sac fly and a Tucker solo HR. Mayfield added an RBI double in the 9th but it wasn't enough. Holmes tossed 4 scoreless innings in relief for Fresno.
Note: Fisher is hitting .377 over his last 12 games.
- Preston Tucker, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Derek Fisher, CF: 1-for-3, BB
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 1-for-5
- Reid Brignac, SS: 2-for-4
- Jack Mayfield, 3B: 3-for-4, R, 2 2B, RBI
- Andrew Aplin, RF: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Edison Frias, RHP: 4.0 IP, 9 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Brian Holmes, LHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (15-15) lost 7-1 (BOX SCORE)
Another loss for Corpus. They jumped out to a 1-0 lead on a Hyde RBI single in the 2nd inning. James was on the mound and wasn't bad going 4 innings allowing 2 runs, 1 earned. Ferrell got roughed up allowing 3 runs in 1 inning and Freeman allowed 2 in 2.1 relief innings. The offense wasn't able to get anything else going and fell 7-1. Dorris finished strong with 3 strikeouts in 1.2 scoreless innings.
Note: James has a 2.19 ERA in 24.2 innings this season.
- Bobby Boyd, CF: 1-for-5
- Drew Ferguson, LF: 1-for-3, BB
- Jon Singleton, DH: 1-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Bryan Muniz, 1B: 1-for-4
- Mott Hyde, SS: 1-for-3, RBI, BB
- Josh James, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Michael Freeman, LHP: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Jacob Dorris, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (20-11) won 12-6 (BOX SCORE)
Buies Creek broke out the power bats yesterday. Martin led off the game with a solo HR. Later in the 1st inning, Sierra connected on a 3 run HR, his 1st of the year. In the 2nd inning, Martin hit a 2 run HR and Tucker hit a solo HR to jump out to an 8-0 lead. Martin led off the 4th inning with another HR, this time a solo shot, his 3rd HR of the game. In the 6th inning, Tucker and Porter hit back to back HR to make it 12-3. Bower got the start and allowed 4 runs over his 5 innings. Hernandez closed the game out with two scoreless innings. Tucker made it back to back multi-HR games.
Note: Tucker has 8 2B, 8 HR, 30 RBI in 29 games this season.
- Jason Martin, LF: 3-for-6, 3 R, 3 HR, 5 RBI
- Kyle Tucker, CF: 2-for-4, 3 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Pat Porter, DH: 3-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI
- Dexture McCall, 1B: 2-for-4, 2B, BB
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-5, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Eduardo de Oleo, C: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Arturo Michelena, 3B: 1-for-5, R
- Matt Bower, LHP: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Ryan Deemes, RHP: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (15-13) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Hartman got the start and was solid allowing 1 run over the first 5 innings. He came out for the 6th and allowed back to back singles and was pulled. Both runners eventually scored that inning so he was charged with 3 runs in 5 innings. The River Bandits were get a run on a sac fly from Jones scoring Wrenn in the 6th but that was it as they fell 3-1.
Note: Wrenn is hitting .389 over his last 9 games.
- Jake Rogers, DH: 1-for-4
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-4
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 2-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Daz Cameron, CF: 1-for-4
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 0-for-2, RBI
- Ryan Hartman, LHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Lucas Williams, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Kevin Hill, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Francis Martes (2.92 ERA)
CC: Rogelio Armenteros (1.96 ERA)
QC: Enoli Paredes (3.55 ERA)