AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (21-30) won 7-0 (BOX SCORE)
Nice win for Fresno as they got a great start out of Martinez. Martinez tossed 7 shutout innings allowing just 2 hits with 8 strikeouts. The game was scoreless up until the 5th when Fresno decided to flex their muscles. In the bottom of the 5th, Reed hit a solo HR, his 6th HR of the season.
In the 6th inning, Fisher connected with a 2 run HR, his 11th HR of the season. Stassi added a 2 run HR in the 7th and Tucker capped the scoring with a 2 run HR in the 8th. Comer was great again in relief lowering his season ERA to 1.03. Perez tossed a scoreless 9th to close it out.
Note: Fisher is hitting .362 with 11 HR over his last 30 games
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 1-for-3, 2B
- Derek Fisher, CF: 2-for-4, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Colin Moran, 3B: 1-for-4
- Teoscar Hernandez, RF: 0-for-4, R
- A.J. Reed, 1B: 1-for-3, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Preston Tucker, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Max Stassi, DH: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Juan Centeno, C: 1-for-2, R, BB
- David Martinez, RHP: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 8 K (WIN)
- Kevin Comer, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Tyson Perez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (26-24) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Deetz got the start for Corpus last night and while he allowed 3 runs in 5 innings, he showed his strikeout ability striking out 9 batters. He now has 42 K in 39.2 IP with a 1.82 ERA this season. The Hooks only managed to score 1 run which came on a Mayfield solo HR in the 5th inning. Stutzman was solid in relief tossing 2.2 scoreless innings with 4 strikeouts. Ferrell also had a solid outing in relief tossing 1.1 scoreless innings with 2 strikeouts.
Note: Stutzman has a 2.07 ERA with 21 K in 21.2 IP between AA/AAA
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 1-for-3, 2B
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 0-for-3, BB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 1-for-4
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Dean Deetz, RHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Sean Stutzman, LHP: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (29-22) won 4-0 (BOX SCORE)
Nice win for Buies Creek last night. Hector Perez got the start and dominated his entire outing. He went 6.2 innings allowing 1 hit, no runs while striking out 9. On the season he has 62 K in 45.1 innings between Quad Cities and Buies Creek. Sierra got the Astros on the board with a 2 run single in the 5th inning.
Porter added an RBI single in the 6th to make it 3-0. In the 7th inning Birk added an RBI double to make it 4-0. Birk collected three hits in the game. Sierra pitched the finale 2.1 innings without allowing a run and just 1 hit. He has 32 K in 30 IP this season.
Note: Rogers is hitting .306 with 3 2B, 3 HR in 11 games for Buies Creek
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 3-for-5, R, 2B, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-4
- Pat Porter, LF: 2-for-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Jake Rogers, C: 2-for-4, R, 2B
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
- Hector Perez, RHP: 6.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Carlos Sierra, RHP: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (24-24) lost 7-5 (BOX SCORE)
Cionel Perez was on the mound last night for Quad Cities and was solid allowing 2 runs over 5 innings with 7 strikeouts. Quad Cities got an early lead getting 2 runs in the first inning on an RBI single from Almonte and a double steal in which DeGoti stole home. Perez left the game tied at 2.
Unfortunately, the bullpen struggled last night with Montano giving up 2 runs in the 6th and Valdez giving up 3 runs in the 7th. Robinson tried to start a comeback for Quad Cities with a 2 run double in the 7th inning to make it 7-4. They would get one more run in the 8th on a Duarte RBI single but would come up empty in the 9th falling 7-5.
Note: Almonte is hitting .319 with 6 HR, 23 RBI in 30 games this season.
- Daz Cameron, LF: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 0-for-2, 2 BB, SB
- Marcos Almonte, CF: 2-for-5, R, RBI
- Chuckie Robinson, DH: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, SS: 1-for-4, RBI
- Alex DeGoti, 2B: 1-for-4, 2 R, SB
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Cionel Perez, LHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
- Salvador Montano, LHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: David Paulino (4.50 ERA)
BC: Franklin Perez (1.62 ERA)