AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (20-29) won 8-7 (BOX SCORE)
Martes got the start last night and had his best outing of the season. He went 5.2 innings allowing just 1 run with 1 walk to 9 strikeouts. Fresno got their scoring started in the 5th inning with a Kemmer solo HR and a Kemp 2 run HR. Kemp added a 2 run double in the 7th to make it 5-2. Kemp had two hits bringing his season average up to .290.
Tacoma battled back and tied the game with 3 runs in the bottom of the 7th. The game would stay tied and go to extras. In the top of the 10th, Fresno got 3 runs on a Moran 2 run HR and a Kemmer RBI double. It was Moran's 8th HR of the season in 36 games. He had just 10 HR in 117 games last season. Tacoma got 2 runs off of West but Guduan was able to shut the door and pick up the save.
Note: Kemmer is hitting .278 with a .812 OPS this season.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Derek Fisher, CF: 2-for-5, R, SB
- Colin Moran, 3B: 2-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Reid Brignac, SS: 2-for-5, R
- Preston Tucker, LF: 1-for-5, R
- Jon Kemmer, RF: 3-for-4, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Max Stassi, C: 0-for-2, 2 R, 2 BB
- Francis Martes, RHP: 5.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
- Ashur Tolliver, LHP: 0.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Dayan Diaz, RHP: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Aaron West, RHP: 0.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (25-23) won 10-7 (BOX SCORE)
Wild game in Corpus last night. Tulsa scored twice off of Dykxhoorn in the first inning but the offense would respond with 4 runs in the first. In the first they got an RBI double from Singleton, a sac fly from Ritchie, and two more runs scored on an error. In the 2nd inning, Davis connected on a 3 run HR, his 11th HR of the season. Dykxhoorn went 4 innings allowing 3 runs.
Sneed relieved Dykxhoorn and tossed 4 innings himself allowing 3 runs with 6 strikeouts. Laureano got in on the action with an RBI double in the 7th to make it 8-3. Singleton added to his solid night with a 2 run single in the 8th inning. Ferguson picked up 3 hits in the game extending his hitting streak to 23 games. Stubbs walked 4 times bringing his walk to strikeout ratio to 16 BB/13 SO in 30 games. d
Note: Ferguson is hitting .391 over his 23 game hitting streak
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2B, BB, SB
- Garrett Stubbs, DH: 0-for-1, 3 R, 4 BB, SB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 1-for-5, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Jon Singleton, 1B: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B, 3 RBI
- Ramon Laureano, RF: 1-for-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI, SB
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 0-for-2, RBI, BB
- Antonio Nunez, SS: 1-for-4, R
- Brock Dykxhoorn, RHP: 4.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (28-21) lost 9-5 (BOX SCORE)
Bower got the start last night and got roughed up allowing 8 runs over just 4.2 innings bringing his season ERA to 6.08. Rogers gave Buies Creek a lead temporarily with a 2 run double in the top of the 3rd. He is now hitting .267 with 9 2B, 9 HR, 22 RBI in 36 games this season.
Buies Creek would get another run back in the top of the 3rd on an RBI single from Johnson. Unfortunately, Frederick scored in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th taking a 9-3 lead. Birk added a 2 run HR in the 7th, his 4th HR of the season. Quiala went 3 innings allowing 1 run in relief. He has had a solid season with 7 BB/40 K in 40 IP this season (3.15 ERA).
Note: Rogers is hitting .310 with 3 HR, 7 RBI in 9 games for Buies Creek
- Myles Straw, CF: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 1-for-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, BB
- Jake Rogers, DH: 2-for-3, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Anthony Hermelyn, C: 1-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Spencer Johnson, 1B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-3, R
- Matt Bower, LHP: 4.2 IP, 10 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Devon Carr, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Yoanys Quiala, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (23-23) lost 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Hunt started the game for the River Bandits last night and went 4 innings allowing just 1 run, though it took him 81 pitches. DeGoti played in his first game since May 11th and had an RBI double in the 4th to get Quad Cities on the board. Yordan Alvarez had an RBI single in the 5th to take a 2-1 lead. He finished with 2 hits and 2 walks and is hitting .342 with 7 walks in 11 games this season.
Beloit tied the game in the 7th and the game went into extra innings. Beloit put up a run in the 10th but Quad Cities responded with a Duarte RBI double to tie it. Unfortunately, Hill came in to pitch the 11th and allowed 3 runs. Wrenn had a single in the bottom of the 11th but was doubled off on a line drive off the bat of Cameron to end it.
Note: Benedetti drew a walk in the 7th inning, his 9th straight game with a walk.
- Stephen Wrenn, CF: 2-for-4
- Carmen Benedetti, RF: 0-for-3, BB
- Rodrigo Ayarza, 3B: 1-for-5, R
- Yordan Alvarez, DH: 2-for-3, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB, SB
- Alex DeGoti, 2B: 2-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Osvaldo Duarte, SS: 2-for-4, 2 2B, RBI, BB
- Dustin Hunt, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- Abdiel Saldana, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Lucas Williams, RHP: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Kevin Hill, RHP: 1.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Casey Coleman (6.20 ERA)
CC: Akeem Bostick (3.97 ERA)
BC: Framber Valdez (2.52 ERA)
QC: Carson LaRue (1.80 ERA)