AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (17-25) won 10-2 (BOX SCORE)
Hauschild got the start last night for Fresno and while he only allowed 2 runs, he gave up 8 hits and walked 5 batters. Fresno got the bats going early though scoring 3 runs in the first inning on a Moran RBI single, Reed RBI double, and another run scoring on a wild pitch. Moran has 20 RBI in 29 games this season. Fresno scored 3 more in the 2nd on a Kemp RBI groundout and 2 more scoring on an error.
Fisher lead off the bottom of the 7th with a solo HR, his 10th HR of the season. Fisher is hitting .325 with 12 2B, 10 HR, 26 RBI in 39 games. Reed added an RBI single and Centeno added an RBI double to make it 10-2. Comer was great again in relief tossing 1.2 scoreless innings. He has allowed just 1 earned run over 23.2 innings this season (29 K). Guduan and West also had scoreless outings in relief.
Note: Moran is hitting .360 with 3 2B, 2 HR, 4 RBI in 7 games since returning from the DL.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 0-for-4, RBI, BB
- Derek Fisher, DH: 2-for-5, 3 R, HR, RBI
- Teoscar Hernandez, RF: 2-for-4, 3 R, BB
- Colin Moran, 3B: 2-for-4, 2 R, RBI
- Tyler White, 2B: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- A.J. Reed, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, RBI
- Juan Centeno, C: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Reid Brignac, SS: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Andrew Aplin, CF: 2-for-3, BB
- Mike Hauschild, RHP: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 5 BB, 3 K
- Kevin Comer, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Aaron West, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (20-21) won 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Armenteros was on the mound last night for the Hooks and was unhittable, seriously. He tossed 5 no-hit innings allowing just 1 walk and 5 strikeouts. Armenteros now has a 1.25 ERA with 13 BB/47 K in 36 IP while allowing just 23 hits. It might be time to give him a new challenge. Singleton got the Hooks on the board with a lead-off HR in the 2nd inning, his 8th HR of the season. Singleton is hitting .294 with 5 HR, 10 BB over his last 10 games.
Joshua James relieved Armenteros and had another solid outing allowing just 1 unearned run over his 4 innings of work. The game went to the 10th inning and Nunez came through with a solo HR to give Corpus a 2-1 lead. Thome pitched a scoreless bottom of the 10th to pick up the save.
Note: Ferguson is hitting .333 over his last 10 games
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 2-for-4, SB
- Jon Singleton, 1B: 1-for-2, R, HR, RBI, 2 BB
- Ramon Laureano, RF: 1-for-4
- Antonio Nunez, 2B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Rogelio Armenteros, RHP: 5.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Josh James, RHP: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (WIN)
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (26-16) won 7-1 (BOX SCORE)
Alcala made his High-A debut and pitched well allowing just 1 run over 6 innings with 3 BB/6 K. The game was scoreless until the 5th when Buies Creek busted it open with 4 runs thanks to a Birk sac fly and a Johnson 3 run HR. Martin added a sac fly in the 6th and also picked up three hits himself bringing his BA to .291 (.324 over last 10). Martin also has 9 2B and 6 HR in 37 games which would project to about 35+ doubles and 20+ HR over a full season. Birk capped the game with a 2 run HR in the 7th to make it 7-1. Kessay was perfect over the final 3 innings picking up the save.
Note: Birk is hitting .353 with 8 BB/4 SO over his last 10 games.
- Jason Martin, CF: 3-for-4, R, RBI
- Myles Straw, LF: 2-for-4, BB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-4, 2 R, BB
- Jake Rogers, C: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 1-for-3, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Spencer Johnson, 1B: 2-for-4, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Pat Porter, DH: 1-for-3, BB
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K
- Sebastian Kessay, LHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (19-20) lost 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
Rough couple days for the offense being shutout in back to back games. Paredes got the start and allowed just 1 run over 4.1 innings, though he did walk 4. He has a 2.86 ERA this season with 11 BB/23 K in 28.1 innings. The River Bandits managed just 5 hits on the night with only one of them for extra bases (Wrenn triple). Ayarza picked up 2 hits and is hitting .343 in 28 games with just 9 strikeouts.
Note: Alvarez is currently on a 4 game hitting streak (.385 BA)
- Stephen Wrenn, RF: 1-for-4, 2B
- Rodrigo Ayarza, 2B: 2-for-4
- Yordan Alvarez, LF: 1-for-3, BB, SB
- Chuckie Robinson, C: 1-for-4
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 2.2 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Salvador Montano, LHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Francis Martes (5.68 ERA)
CC: Cy Sneed (4.73 ERA)
BC: Yoanys Quiala (3.38 ERA)
QC: Ryan Hartman (3.64 ERA)