AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (14-21) lost 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
Fresno got on the board early when Kemp doubled and eventually stole home (in a double steal with Fisher) to give them a 1-0 lead in the first inning. Fisher connected on a solo HR in the 4th inning to make it 2-0. Thornton had a solid start overall but allowed 4 runs, all of them in the 4th inning. He finished going 5.2 innings with 6 strikeouts. Tolliver had a solid outing in relief striking out 4 over scoreless 1.2 innings. The offense only managed 3 hits on the night.
Note: Fisher is hitting .326 with 8 HR in 32 games this season.
- Tony Kemp, 2B: 1-for-4, R, 2B, SB
- Derek Fisher, DH: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, SB
- A.J. Reed, 1B: 1-for-4, 2B
- Trent Thornton, RHP: 5.1 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Ashur Tolliver, LHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Aaron West, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (15-19) lost 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Really rough stretch for Corpus as they have now lost 9 games in a row. Deetz got the start and was solid allowing 2 runs over 5 innings with 0 BB/8 K. Davis got the Hooks on the board with a solo HR in the 5th inning to make it 2-1, his 7th HR of the season. Emanuel pitched the final 4 innings and didn't allow a run. Corpus put men on in the 6th, 7th, and 8th innings but weren't able to scratch a run across as they dropped this one 2-1.
Note: Deetz has a 1.30 ERA with 29 K in 27.2 innings this season.
- Drew Ferguson, LF: 1-for-4, 2B, BB
- Ramon Laureano, RF: 2-for-5, SB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Alejandro Garcia, CF: 2-for-3
- Dean Deetz, RHP: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 8 K
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (21-14) won 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Winkelman continued his hot start to the season with another stellar outing last night. He went 6 innings allowing 1 unearned run with 7 strikeouts. Buies Creek scored in just one inning but made it count getting a solo HR from McCall and an RBI double from Martin in the 5th inning. Ramirez tossed two scoreless innings in relief. Hernandez picked up the save with a perfect 9th striking out two. He has 23 K in 16.1 innings in relief this season.
Note: Martin is hitting .306 with 3 HR, 7 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Jason Martin, CF: 2-for-5, 2 2B, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 1-for-3, BB, SB
- Dexture McCall, 1B: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 1-for-3, 3B, RBI
- Anthony Hermelyn, C: 2-for-4
- Alex Winkelman, LHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
- Yohan Ramirez, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (16-17) lost 3-1 (BOX SCORE)
Alcala was on the mound for the River Bandits last night and he was fantastic. He went 6.2 innings allowing just 1 run with 7 strikeouts. The 1 run he allowed was in the 7th inning. Quad Cities got on the board in the 7th on a Cameron RBI double. Williams got the final out of the 7th inning, came back out for the 8th and allowed 2 runs to Dayton as they took a 3-1 lead. Quad Cities went down in order the in the 9th and weren't able to mount a comeback.
Note: Alcala has 13 BB/36 K in 34 innings this season.
- Rodrigo Ayarza, SS: 2-for-4, SB
- Daz Cameron, CF: 1-for-3, 2B, RBI
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-4
- Spencer Johnson, DH: 1-for-3, R, 3B, BB
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 6.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
- Lucas Williams, RHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- Kevin Hill, RHP: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Mike Hauschild (16.50 ERA)
CC: Joshua James (2.19 ERA)
BC: Justin Ferrell (7.66 ERA)
QC: Ryan Hartman (3.51 ERA)